• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have been seeing an increasing number of NIB Colt CCOs on Gunbroker. They appeared to be genuinely new, not old stock that has not been touched. However, when I looked at Colt's website, they did not list them in their catalog. Anyone have any info on this or how long it will last?

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    They are new Colt production, but part of an order for TALO Distributors.

They are supposed to be only 800 produced.

They're not marked CCO and I'm sure they'd sell better if they had Novak sigts, but I still decided to pick one up.

cco-006.jpg

Colt is supposed to release the Special Combat Officer (hand built CCO) sometime next year.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    They look pretty nice. I would like one to carry, but I know that if I bought one it would sit in the safe. Too pretty for me to want to risk scarring it.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    traded for one a couple of years ago, guy that had it had bought it and never carried it. I rectified that oversight, I've shot the hell out of it and carried it frequently. They are a joy to carry as they are light, have the short grip frame. I'm not a huge fan of aluminum framed 1911s though, I'd put up with the extra weight if I could've got one with a steel frame.

This version looks very nice, the old version I have is the ugliest 1911 I own, at least I go rid of those damned Goodyear grips, ugh. The sights on that new one would suck though on a carry gun.

Top Bottom