• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    At the last 1500, I was able to make a trade of my LNIB Ruger LCP + Wolff Springs + 3 Mags + ammo for a new DB9. I’ve decided I wanted to move up to the 9mm for the pocket gun from the 380 in order to consolidate my inventory some. The LCP has been an awesome handgun for me and really increased the times I carry, but I couldn't afford to have both so I decided to make the trade. Here’s a picture of the DB9 in the original box:
    DB9incase.jpg

Some have called the Diamondback pistols “baby Glocks” and from first inspection, there are a lot of similarities, at least in appearance. I hope I can say that at least to some degree for the performance. Until then the jury's still out.
    Here are the spec’s:
    - Capacity: 6+1 Rounds
    - Weight: 11 Ounces
    - Length: 5.60”
    - Height: 4.00” with mag
    - Width: 0.80”
    - Barrel Length: 3.00”
    - Firing Mechanism: Striker Fire
    - Trigger Pull: DAO 5 lbs
    I decided to take some pictures with my G27 just for reference.
    G27DB9Comparison.jpg

DB9G27fromBottom.jpg

One thing you’ll notice is that the sights on the DB9 are much better than many of the small pocket guns on the market, for sure better than the LCP. They can also be changed out for Trijicon sights (and maybe others).
    DB9G27Sights.jpg

DB9G27Slides.jpg

DB9G27Stripped.jpg

I’m very pleased with the size and weight so far of the pistol. It is also only about 0.5 inch longer in length than the LCP and actually a bit thinner.
    I plan to take it to the range this weekend and break it in, and I’ll post some pictures and a report. I know Que did one previously, and I plan to see how mine compares.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I also picked one up at the 1500, mine was gently used. I didn't see Que's listed till later, darn it! I bought mine to replace my Kahr p380 on my ankle for daily carry at work. It was mainly the 20% weight difference between the two that pushed me to the Diamondback. I fully expect to agree with Que's review on how it feels shooting but this will not be a range toy but carried much and shot just enough.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    How are these little guns doing for you guys? I liked them but got weary of buying one after hearing they failed a Florida LEO backup gun certification test.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    How are these little guns doing for you guys? I liked them but got weary of buying one after hearing they failed a Florida LEO backup gun certification test.
    More on this? Didn't hear about that. I am always weary of stuff I read on the internet, but I would be interested in seeing an article on this.

Top Bottom