• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    While she made a wise decision to not drive, she made an unwise one for calling a friend who had no license.

So the problem lies with this:

Driver is not licensed.

Passenger must drive, which can not happen because they have been drinking, so this is a no go.

So vehicle is parked and a tow is called.

Passenger now is forced on the side of the road to wait for another ride, they are now in violation of being PI'd.

The answer to this story is to not call a friend who has no driver license, and this does not happen

Or have enough money to stay in a hotel for a night. I'll transport if the person is cool, and is willing to stay.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Please correct your thread title. The law is the same it's always been.

You can thank the Indiana Supreme Court for the dumbness, if dumbness there be. It's their decision.

The PI law hasn't changed at all. The application of the law may have.

Perhaps too obvious?

It's not the ISC that's dumb, they are just ruling on the law. There apparently isn't anything Unconstitutional about the law. It's the fault of the Legislature for writing the stupid thing to begin with. And the Governor that signed it into law. That is where the fault lay.

And it might be smart to change the law. I used to work in a bar downtown that saw many a cop, firefighter, prosecutor, judge and legislator (both State and Local) that partied and would leave the place and violate this very law on many, many occasions. It would be a VERY easy thing to get pics of many of the sorts mentioned above engaging in this very behavior (just like everybody else). Could make a VERY interesting T.V. news story - - - series about how a law like this is supposed to work and benefit when there are PSA's played endlessly around New Years and such about having a designated driver or calling a cab, or bar employees calling a cab when doing so places the individual in the act of breaking the law. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I would hope I'm not in the minority when I see a problem with this.

I have been over the limit (I'm just assuming by doing simple math; I've never been breathalized when not driving) in the passenger seat before while getting pulled over and made it home without going to jail both times..

Just a side note, I was once pulled over on New Years Eve at 6pm on my way to our first stop of the evening (for failing to signal a lane change). The LEO asked me to blow into the PBT and I was showing absolutely no signs of intoxication at all. The thing read .00%. No ticket either. Go figure. :dunno: Guy must have been trolling for DUI's.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    That has been the case for my PI arrests 100% of the time.

I'm guessing you are talking about the drunken d-bags that feel the need to mouth off? If so, I agree 100%...If someone wants to be a prick, you might as well return the favor.

Regardless of how much I've had to drink (if I've even had anything to drink at all) I usually BS with an officer during a stop. If he's short with me, the convo stops there...If he's cool, I'll continue to BS.

dingodog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Monticello
    I was once stopped at 3AM for failing to use my turn signal. I was the DD that night and the two guys with me were totally **** faced. The officer gave me a field sobriety test, which I passed. He then thanked me for being safe and sent me on my way. I have to believe, if the driver had a valid license, it never would have been an issue. Sorry. Devil's advocate.

Top Bottom