• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've been testing an ALS holster for a few weeks, I kinda like it for OWB carry. It is very secure, yet very intuitive to draw from. #6378 comes with paddle and interchangeable belt loops. Running it in paddle variation right now, and I like it.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I picked up a really nice IWB for 1911 at the NRA show.. N82 tactical professional model. It is VERY comfortable.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Really thinking about the safariland als holster for my g22. Input? Currently use an aliengear iwb for my g22
    GET IT! I carry my p229 in a 6378 ALS and it is my absolute favorite holster. The retention mechanism is the most natural I've ever used, as well as being safer than some of the other options (Blackhawk Serpa, I'm looking at you!)

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I have the ALS 7TS 7378 for my M&P9 and it's a great holster, intuitive to use, but does not conceal well at all. I find it odd that it's called a "concealment holster." I was told by a guy who wrote a review of it on INGO that it is about 25% smaller and lighter than the 6378, and it's still kind of bulky. The ALS system definitely makes it too wide and ride too far away from the body for concealment with any shirt unless it's a really big shirt. Great for OWB carry and can be concealed fairly well under jackets, bubble vests, and thicker sport coats and such. But other than that, don't think you can cover it with a button down or t-shirt, especially not with the paddle attachment. Probably not a good choice for summer unless you're OCing.

Top Bottom