• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    My kershaw blur is getting some mileage on it and I would like to up grade. Thinking about the Sog Trident. Here are the features i would like.

Assist open
    Pocket clip
    Blade lenght about 3in or a bit larger nothing over 4in.

So suggest me an EDC knife. I am willing to pay a bit more for quaility.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Well... Meeting everything that you have said, with the exception of the "assist open" I would suggest the Spyderco Manix 2. It does not have "assist open" but is VERY fast to open. It has a ball bearing lock that is essentially fail proof. Mine came in 154CM steel and sharper than you can imagine. It also has G10 scales. The MSRP is around $140, but Bradsknives on here (site advertiser) can get you a WAY better price than that, I assure you.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    ZT looks really nice. I have not made a choice yet but other than ZT what options are out there? If the Gerber Applegates with FAST where are nice as my circa 1996 Applegate I would go that route but from the looks they are far from the same quality that went into that knife back then.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The Gerber Applegate is one of their only folders that I like. Even then, they won't make a non serrated version, so I'm not interested.

The assisted opener is what is limiting me on what to suggest. As far as that style of opener goes, ZT reigns supreme.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Zero Tolerance 0350 is enroute, pretty pumped to get it home. It is with out a doubt the most expensive EDC knife I have ever bought, but it appears the quality is there I'm good with it. I think a set of 1911 grips may have fell into to the box too.

Top Bottom