• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    No crossbolt safeties for me. I really hate them...in fact it's the one design feature of the Remington 870 that I really can't stand. I can't ever remember which way they are supposed to go without looking at them, and they require modifying your grip to disengage them. A properly fitted, smooth mil-spec style AR safety is a beautiful thing...it's positioned perfectly to allow you to flick it off without breaking your grip on the gun, and should snap into position positively with the detent.

comm2679

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    East Central
    Stock AR safety selectors are about as good as it gets, in my opinion. The location and movement are optimally ergonomic. From a low-ready position with firing hand thumb resting on the lever, sweeping the safety off as the rifle comes up is extremely natural. I wasn’t aware anyone made a cross bolt safety for the AR. Seems like a solution in search of a problem. If you like it though, rock on.

BigNyaKelly

Coffee Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2023
    Worcester
    I already have the Geissele bolt catch and Troy ambi mag release on another rifle and knew I liked them. Took a chance on the Elftmann cross bolt safety, and I like it as well, but no live fire with it yet. The AR safety lever has always seemed backward to me. I find myself looking at it to be sure what condition it is in. I have always felt like the lever horizontal should be "fire", and vertical "safe". Anyone else feel like that seems more natural? Maybe I'm crazy. The Elftmann, for me, is easier to manipulate and check condition, in spite of the fact that it is opposite of other cross bolt safeties. Push with thumb for fire, push with trigger finger for safe. Anyone else have one, like or dislike?
    I love the Radian Talon 45 degree safety but that extended bolt catch is great. Personally I don't see much need in changing out the mag catch except maybe for the Zeroed parts from CMMG, at least, personally. Like the cross bolt though it seems cool - if a little un AR like :)

Top Bottom