New fixed blade owner...Now what do I use it for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    So I have been wanting a fixed blade for awhile and I ended up with a ESEE-6 from Brad's Knives. Now that I have my first real fixed blade knife, what do I use it for on a regular basis?

I plan on using it when I camp or having it in my BOB normally. But I'm trying to figure out what I can use it for on a regular basis. What do other ESEE-6 owners use their knives for? What do you all use your fixed blade knives for?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Use it for food prep in the kitchen. Yard clean up for low hanging branches dead limbs, fallen branches. Carve sticks. Practice making traps. Ect ect ect

I think the old saying is something like when you have a hammer in your hand everything looks like a nail :)

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Deer season is rapidly approaching, and the 6 works beautifully for dressing them. And like Grunt said, embrace your inner kid and go play in the woods with it.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Use it for food prep in the kitchen. Yard clean up for low hanging branches dead limbs, fallen branches. Carve sticks. Practice making traps. Ect ect ect

I think the old saying is something like when you have a hammer in your hand everything looks like a nail :)

Do you have any pictures of the traps you have made?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    So I have been wanting a fixed blade for awhile and I ended up with a ESEE-6 from Brad's Knives. Now that I have my first real fixed blade knife, what do I use it for on a regular basis?

I plan on using it when I camp or having it in my BOB normally. But I'm trying to figure out what I can use it for on a regular basis. What do other ESEE-6 owners use their knives for? What do you all use your fixed blade knives for?

Baaa baaa, another victim added to the list.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Sorry I was not there to sell you your first fixed blade. :( There are many purposes for your ESEE 6. You will just need to play with it to see what it will do for you. Take it outside and use your imigination but remember it has a lifetime warranty so do NOT be afraid to use the heck out of it. :D

It was designed for survival so you do not have to baby it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Care to explain?:dunno:

I'll just narrow down your original quote to the pertinant parts I'm refering to.

So I have been wanting a fixed blade for awhile and I ended up with a ESEE-6 from Brad's Knives.

Now that I have my first real fixed blade knife, what do I use it for... I'm trying to figure out what I can use it for ... What do other ESEE-6 owners use their knives for? What do you all use your fixed blade knives for?

:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    As much as some of them cost I cant say that I blame him. :D

true they are costly, but with lifetime warranties/guarantees why the heck not beat the crap out of them. If i get a really nice hammer with a lifetime guarantee am i going to leave it on the shelf and go back to using my $3 one from walmart because i don't want to scratch the finish? heck no, your EDC knife (or for whatever use) is a tool and should be treated as such. :D , just my :twocents:

Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011

Esee Izula, purchased from knife lady 13 months ago
    It has stuck by my side (pun intended) over Colorado mountains, through West Virginia white water rafting, and every place my adventuring self manages to get into. It has become such a daily item for me, that if I do not have it then I feel naked...
    Like that dream you used to have where you show up at school and forgot your pants.

It is used daily, for anything from paper to plastic wrappers, to copper cables, and even wood.
    Matter of fact the only thing it hasn't been used for is filleting would be rapist/thugs
    I have sharpened it twice. ever. And it is still sharper than my other knives

The only thing I don't like is trying to convince my peers it is not a throwing knife.

Top Bottom