New flick on Netflix for history nerds (Civil War) and lovers well-told tales...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The wife and I just watched "Field of Lost Shoes" on Netflix....Wife loved it as much as I did and actually did an eye-roll when I said, "It's a Civil War flick..." Five minutes into it she was hooked...Very well made...At the end they have the Battle of Newmarket Parade filmed on the grounds of VMI (today) and it is a touching end to the film...To show you how the boys you just watched for the last hour and half are still honored to this day...Great flick and the ladies will like it too.....

Moses Ezekiel, the first Jewish student at VMI asks one of the Ladies of VMI pressed into service as a nurse for a copy of the New Testament..She responds, "But you are of the Jewish Faith." He says, "It is for my friend...I do believe my Faith will understand" and the scene of him reading from the New Testament to comfort his dying friend blew sand up in my eyes... I hope some of my fellow INGOer's give the film a shot...Very well done...

[video=youtube;2cLHNgN5PKY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cLHNgN5PKY[/video]

Here is the "Newmarket Parade" filed in 2011...

[video=youtube;Kb2wzbOZgOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb2wzbOZgOM[/video]

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I will check this out. Thanks for sharing. I try watch as much history as I can. Even if it has a fiction twist.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Watched part of it this weekend. Got about ten minutes into the movie and it was involuntary Sunday nap time. Woke up just as the reserves were being called to the line. Enjoyed the parts I watched, moving to watch those boys become young men. Is it worth going back to watch the middle or is it just character development?

Added another quote to my list...

Senior Officer, "What were you thinking?"

Young Cadet, "The best thing about doing what's right is it requires no thought at all."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Watched part of it this weekend. Got about ten minutes into the movie and it was involuntary Sunday nap time. Woke up just as the reserves were being called to the line. Enjoyed the parts I watched, moving to watch those boys become young men. Is it worth going back to watch the middle or is it just character development?

Added another quote to my list...

Senior Officer, "What were you thinking?"

Young Cadet, "The best thing about doing what's right is it requires no thought at all."

It's worth watching...Very quotable....

"Is he your son ma'am?"

"They are all my son's Sir.."

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My son and I went to VMI over the Thanksgiving day weekend, saw the movie advertised there, wanted to see it!! By the way any gun/history guy/gal would be well served by going to see the VMI museum, especially the antique air guns......... awesome! Didn't get to see Robert E. Lee's grave though the church was closed......Indiucky thanks for the review.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Thanks for the heads-up, will be sure to watch it! If you ever have a chance to visit the battlefield, the Virginia Museum of the Civil War is also located there and is well worth the visit.

View attachment 35625

Top Bottom