• Status
    Not open for further replies.

zerodarkthirty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Bloomington
    Glad to be here, from Bloomington. Looks like a great forum with some good folks, but I must say I am really miffed by the seemingly arbitrary 50 post requirement. It's quite crippling, in terms of using the forum. I belong to several other gun forums without such a high bar for entry. Perhaps we could do a blood/urinalysis or pinkie swear? C'mon. I looked to see if anyone else was frustrated about this, but I can't seem to find any justification. I'm happy to provide my SSN and/or underwear size if that helps!

I'm ex-military, love crafted guns, and sharing/learning new information. :ingo:

Let me in....please!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Welcome. You can use the forum just fine as you have done. You just can't post in the classifieds for awhile. Believe me, it does not take long to get to 50 posts if you are joining to be part of a community.

If you are joining just to sell stuff, then it will take longer.

I am in the process of moving to Bloomington. Nice to know there is at least one more person with an interest in firearms! Now if we could find a place to shoot close by, that would be great!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Glad to be here, from Bloomington. Looks like a great forum with some good folks, but I must say I am really miffed by the seemingly arbitrary 50 post requirement. It's quite crippling, in terms of using the forum...
    :rofl:

LOL, :welcome: and, uh... what are you looking to buy / sell? :lmfao:

zerodarkthirty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Bloomington
    Welcome. You can use the forum just fine as you have done. You just can't post in the classifieds for awhile. Believe me, it does not take long to get to 50 posts if you are joining to be part of a community.

If you are joining just to sell stuff, then it will take longer.

I am in the process of moving to Bloomington. Nice to know there is at least one more person with an interest in firearms! Now if we could find a place to shoot close by, that would be great!

B-town is great. I agree wholeheartedly that we need a great place to shoot!! I have been asking (and no one can tell me) where is the nearest best place to go shoot?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    B-town is great. I agree wholeheartedly that we need a great place to shoot!! I have been asking (and no one can tell me) where is the nearest best place to go shoot?

Yeah, I have been down there during the week at my new job while my wife is back home managing the house. She will be moving down in couple weeks though. Looking forward to it. Lot's of cool things to do in the area.

I have heard that pretty much any kind of shooting is going to require a drive. Camp Atterbury, Terre Haute, Evansville. Martinsville has a club but as I understand it is challenging to get a membership. Heard you have to basically camp out New Years Eve and wait in line New Years Day to see if you can have one of the open slots. If you don't get in, you try again next year. If that is accurate I am pretty sure I won't pursue that. If they have a waiting list, I may do that.

I am spoiled living in the Lafayette area. We have great places to shoot, all very close and some a short drive.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Yeah, I have been down there during the week at my new job while my wife is back home managing the house. She will be moving down in couple weeks though. Looking forward to it. Lot's of cool things to do in the area.

I have heard that pretty much any kind of shooting is going to require a drive. Camp Atterbury, Terre Haute, Evansville. Martinsville has a club but as I understand it is challenging to get a membership. Heard you have to basically camp out New Years Eve and wait in line New Years Day to see if you can have one of the open slots. If you don't get in, you try again next year. If that is accurate I am pretty sure I won't pursue that. If they have a waiting list, I may do that.

I am spoiled living in the Lafayette area. We have great places to shoot, all very close and some a short drive.
    There is a range south of Bloomington called Panther Ridge. Spencer and Mitchell both have clubs. :twocents:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    There is a range south of Bloomington called Panther Ridge. Spencer and Mitchell both have clubs. :twocents:

Good to know about Spencer because if I end up buying in Ellettsville, I will be close to Spencer.

Is Panther Ridge the one that's more focused on tactical, para-military stuff? That's not really my bag. I am looking for Trap, IDPA, Steel Challenge, some long range stuff.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Good to know about Spencer because if I end up buying in Ellettsville, I will be close to Spencer.

Is Panther Ridge the one that's more focused on tactical, para-military stuff? That's not really my bag. I am looking for Trap, IDPA, Steel Challenge, some long range stuff.
    Yep. Check out the sporting clays link or the Mitchell Outdoor Sportsmanship Club.

Sugar Creek Hunting

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Looks like a great forum with some good folks, but I must say I am really miffed by the seemingly arbitrary 50 post requirement. It's quite crippling, in terms of using the forum. I belong to several other gun forums without such a high bar for entry.

Kind of thought the same. I wanted to PM someone to help them with access to another site and could not. So I thought if they could PM me... Ha They could but I could not reply back!!!! I could see if they don't want people jamming up the for sale boards with a bunch of high priced crap. Seems like the site draws in a lot of people. So they need to harness them until they prove themselves. I can understand.

Look for the thread about racing the 50 year olds... I am getting up in years, I thought they were talking about me!!!

zerodarkthirty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Bloomington
    Kind of thought the same. I wanted to PM someone to help them with access to another site and could not. So I thought if they could PM me... Ha They could but I could not reply back!!!! I could see if they don't want people jamming up the for sale boards with a bunch of high priced crap. Seems like the site draws in a lot of people. So they need to harness them until they prove themselves. I can understand.

Look for the thread about racing the 50 year olds... I am getting up in years, I thought they were talking about me!!!

Right, but even if people wanted to jam up the boards with a bunch of classifieds, at least those would be contained within that section, as intended. 50 posts does not demonstrate any commitment to the shooting community. If anything, it creates worthless posts like this one, with the intent of getting to 50 so they can PM, find a dream gun for sale, or meet a new shooting buddy. I'm out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom