• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    I just found this forum last night looking for a firearm for myself. Lately the neighborhood has had problems and with a newborn on the way, I feel its time to exercise my rights. I have learned quite a bit just by skimming through the pages of this forum and enjoy what I see.

My dilemma as that I filed for my online part of the gun permit, Life/Protection. Now I am stuck on the best place to go for fingerprints and to finalize the process. Just any police station or is there a specific place I must go?

Thanks in advance!

panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Did you sign up for the L1 fingerprinting? If not, then you must go to your local police station and get fingerprinted there. I highly recommend the L1 fingerprinting as it cuts the wait time down A LOT. :welcome:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Welcome!
    There might be a note on this in the FAQ's, which I strongly encourage you to read, because there's great stuff in there. As for fingerprinting, you can go to your "local" PD or Sheriff (which is what I did way back when), or I understand that using the L-1 system, you can get your LTCH a bit more quickly...Search for "L-1" or look in the FAQ's, I think there is a note on L-1 for fast fingerprinting and they do it up around Keystone.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to :ingo:

Sounds like you are at the starting point in learning about guns. There is a bunch to learn here. For info about the LTCH and many other useful topics, you might want to start with the FAQs. :yesway:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :welcome: to INGO and congrats on the baby! Great time to get serious about personal protection. There is alot of great info here and many good people that are very helpful.

BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Right i seen the LT1 site, wasnt sure which one to choose. It came up with $89, is that on top of the state/local fees?

To be certain, I get the LT1 then I still have to go somewhere else? Sorry for 20 questions, I just like to be sure.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just found this forum last night looking for a firearm for myself. Lately the neighborhood has had problems and with a newborn on the way, I feel its time to exercise my rights. I have learned quite a bit just by skimming through the pages of this forum and enjoy what I see.

My dilemma as that I filed for my online part of the gun permit, Life/Protection. Now I am stuck on the best place to go for fingerprints and to finalize the process. Just any police station or is there a specific place I must go?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome. When my daughter was born I lived over by 16th and Tibbs. I was so wired the first day she came home, I didn't sleep but sat on the edge of the bed and watched out the window. I know how you feel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom