• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ForceTA308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Unsure of what NFA is calling "small frame" when they say their lowers will accept any small frame glock mags. Having not owned a glock and not being up on their models, I'm not sure which would fit. I see they classify as full size, compact, and sub compact. I'm building with 9mm upper.

So, question is if any 9mm glock mags will work with the NFA 9mm lower or if I need to look for mags for a specific model (17, 19, etc..) Obviously any single stack mags are out, whichever model that is.

Any help is appreciated. I put in general because I'm building a pistol but this lower could go either way.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Unsure of what NFA is calling "small frame" when they say their lowers will accept any small frame glock mags. Having not owned a glock and not being up on their models, I'm not sure which would fit. I see they classify as full size, compact, and sub compact. I'm building with 9mm upper.

So, question is if any 9mm glock mags will work with the NFA 9mm lower or if I need to look for mags for a specific model (17, 19, etc..) Obviously any single stack mags are out, whichever model that is.

Any help is appreciated. I put in general because I'm building a pistol but this lower could go either way.
    Glock 17, 19 and Glock 18 33rnd mags should work. Not sure about Glock 26 mags. Don't know if they might be too short to lock into the mag catch before they bottom out on the magwell on an NFA 9mm lower. Never tried them. I have a few Glock 18 OEM 33rnd mags and several Magpul Glock 17 type Pmags that work also.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Glock 26 mags do work also, but that's a 17 mag in my pic. For what its worth, I have about 300 rounds through my Joe Bobs branded New Frontier lower without any problems so far.

attachment.php

Last edited:

CCC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2014
    Northeast
    Glock 9mm models 17, 17L, 19, 26, 34,and 43 (single stack mag). The 17, 17L and 34 all have same size grip frame and come with 17 round magazines. Model 19 is smaller with a 15 round magazine. And the 26 is, or was, the baby Glock, 10 round mag. The single stack 43 is smaller yet.

Also, some mags may have +2 base plates. And then there are aftermarket mags and extensions even drum mags. Almost endless supply of Glock accessories available.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Glock 26 mags do work also, but that's a 17 mag in my pic. For what its worth, I have about 300 rounds through my Joe Bobs branded New Frontier lower without any problems so far.

attachment.php
    That's what I have too. NFA manufactured Joe Bobs branded 9mm lower is called the "Spartan" I used the lower for a pistol build with a 7.5" PSA upper.

Top Bottom