• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I'll try to post pics later to confirm my suspicions but thought an INGO Glock expert could shed some light on this. Got a brand new (9/2013 test fire date) G26 from a local shop last night. He's a gunsmith, as well, so had him install some Trijicon HD sights while I was there. I noticed he had a hiccup during reassembly - looked like as he was putting the slide back on it got hung up. He took it back off, repositioned the guide rod/spring assembly, and put it back together. Didn't think too much about it until I got home.

Went to take the gun apart to look it over and decide if there was enough lube there from the factory to leave it be until I could go over it this weekend and it just didn't want to come apart like it should have, based on my past experience with the !numerous! Glocks I've had in the past. It was as if something inside was hanging up, keeping it from coming apart. He didn't beat on it or anything in trying to get it together, just seemed to hang up and fight assembly (only got the slide on far enough for the guide rod to start to engage in the frame), so he took it back apart. It finally did go back together after he repositioned the guide rod, though. I inspected the guide rod/spring assembly and, mind you, it could be aging eyes in not-so-perfect lighting, but I'd swear the guide rod assembly was crooked/bent in a slight fashion. Gun went back together fine after I put the assembly back in, and seems to cycle just fine by hand now. It also hasn't mattered (now) which way I've oriented the rotation of the assembly - took it apart and put it back together 3 or 4 times this morning and checked function.

I realize LOTS of my fellow INGOers think I'm "ate up", but am I getting worked up over nothing? Is this a normal situation with the guide rod I've simply not noticed before, that it can look a little whopper-jawed, so to speak, or is it possible that on a brand-new gun (and I saw him cut the zip tie holding it together as it came from the factory) this guide rod could have bent so easily during his hang-up?

AND, if this is bent, should I take this as an excuse to look into an aftermarket guide rod/spring assembly anyway, or are they a bunch of baloney?

Weigh in, ladies and gents! Contribute to my madness!!! :n00b:

Top Bottom