• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

awallis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    I'm currently a resident of In but go to school in Cincinnati. I am researching my first purchase and will be applying for FL's CCW due to Ohio not accepting IN.

awallis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    a question

I was reading in the classifieds that alot of people want to see proof of ccw (etc). I'm applying for Fl's permit due to being in Oh alot. (ohio does not accept IN) Do you think that would still be acceptable proof that I am able to be sold to?

I know that I havn't got to 50 posts and but your detailed listings and discussions was on of the things that drew me to this site.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Can't speak for the seller's, I feel the biggest thing for a perspective buyer is to have training in the use and handing of firearms.

The CCW thing would be fine, but find an NRA basic pistol class, and move on up from there.

Welcome aboard and feel free to ask anytime

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    A sale from one IN resident to another is fine, and if you can show proof of residency in IN plus your FL permit (which is recognized here), ...you're probably good to go for a private sale.
    BUT. This is from USA Carry.com: "1. Indiana recognizes handgun carry permits from every state and foreign country, but only as long as the person holding the permit is not a resident of Indiana." - so I don't know if you should carry in IN without an IN permit if you're a resident here. Check further into the law so you don't bite it.
    Welcome to INGO.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Annie is correct.

If you are an Indiana resident, the FL non-resident permit is essentially null-and-void here in Indiana.

-J-

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    :welcome: to :ingo: from Summitville! We're glad you're here!

The above is true. If you don't have an IN LTCH already then a Florida, Utah, or other out of state permit is null and void if you live here. So if I were you I'd get both. But just remember, nothing wrong with having both. Yeah paying that much kinda sucks, but wouldn't you rather be able to carry in case you needed it, than not be able to? :draw:

I'm kinda in the same boat as well. My sis lives in Seattle, OR. And if I want to go visit her and carry while out there then I gotta get a Utah out of state license since they don't accept IN. Whatever you do, good luck and we're here if you have any more questions. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom