• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Picked up a Glock 17 on thursday at Jenkins Supply under the "individual officer" pricing. $398 for a NIB Glock 17 4th Gen!! I already had a couple 33 round mags, so I decided I needed to the gun to go with them....

I had a link to the list of eligibles, I will find and post it here, It includes a suprising amount of people.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It also came with 3 hi cap mags didnt it ?

"hi cap mag"?! :rolleyes:

Do you mean "REGULAR 17 rounds" and not the 10 rounds mag that non-free states have?

I dont want to sound like a smart ass but lets not speak like the media. ;)

For me 10 rounds = low cap mag.
    17 rounds = regular cap mag. (for the Glock 17)
    33 rounds = fun cap mag

No hi cap mag in there, I never heard of them but on TV where they are evil mags used by cops killers according to the news.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    It also came with 3 hi cap mags didnt it ?

Yes, it did.

Here is a link to a non-Glock website (as far as I can tell) with an eligibility list. If interested, you might want to contact Jenkins here in Indianapolis to confirm eligibilty, model availability, and pricing. The eligibility list includes a fair number of people. Only certain dealers are in the program.

Eligible Customer List

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    "hi cap mag"?! :rolleyes:

Do you mean "REGULAR 17 rounds" and not the 10 rounds mag that non-free states have?

I dont want to sound like a smart ass but lets not speak like the media. ;)

I don't know if I'd go THAT far. "High Cap Mags" is the standard, accepted term for the 17 round magazines for that model. Its not a 'media term' - its a dealer term.

Just saying...

Congrats on the new G17 gen 4.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'd tend to agree with Sylvain. The dealer dialogue is residual language from the 1994 AWB and terminology that was coined or, at a minimum, made popular by the Clinton era ban.

Limited capacity = 10 round restricted magazines where there is physical capacity is restricted by nanny state laws.

Standard capacity = however many rounds will fit in the profile of the magazine.

High Capacity = Magazines that extend past the magwell of a pistol (30 round "happy stickers for G19/G17s) or in rifle mags where the capacity is higher than what may be issued to standard police or military capacity. Example: Surefire AR mags that hold 60 or 100 rounds.

Is it semantics? Yes. Is it silly? Maybe. Part of the assault on freedom is language based. Ever read 1984? You can systematically eliminate the opportunity for reasonable thought if you build a case that something is unreasonable based on the language one uses to attack the presented example.

Those who wish to restrict guns, on the left and on the right, are playing a linguistics game and are fully aware of the words they select when discussing firearms. We should consider doing the same.

Top Bottom