• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Even if someone else was $10.00 more or less than Plainfield, why don't you buy off the shop that treats you the best or the one that you have bothered more over the last couple of years.

That's what's wrong with the retail business. I not syaing you, but most people go to a shop or two or ten, handle a lot of guns and bother guys. Eventually when people decide what they want, they would go to a shop that isnt very good to save five bucks.

If you dont have the $20 extra bucks to pay for a little better service, maybe you should buy a Bersa. Every shop in town should have a basic Glock in stock. I'm not saying that price isnt an issue, but you should buy off the guy you like the best.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Very Very good point Bigkeger. The retail biz is tough. Service wins my $$ any day just think how fun it would be if your local store went belly up and you couldnt just breaze in and feel the new models. I am all for feeling models :) spend your money where they treat you best

sprshggy07

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Terre Haute
    Very Very good point Bigkeger. The retail biz is tough. Service wins my $$ any day just think how fun it would be if your local store went belly up and you couldnt just breaze in and feel the new models. I am all for feeling models :) spend your money where they treat you best
    Agreed service and convenience are a huge plus. Gotta throw em a bone when you just "stop in to see what they've got" all the time.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Well I've found that on my end of town there seems to be a correlation of good service and low prices. KS&E and Beech Grove, either one will give you great service and probably the best price in town. Guess we're just lucky on the east side. :).

To answer your question though, you're probably not gonna beat that price locally. Others will be right around that, but not really any lower.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    You can join GSSF and get the certificate for your yearly Glock. I think it's $398 from a LE dealer plus the $35 for the year membership. So ending price would be ~$465 with taxes.

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    Even if someone else was $10.00 more or less than Plainfield, why don't you buy off the shop that treats you the best or the one that you have bothered more over the last couple of years.

That's what's wrong with the retail business. I not syaing you, but most people go to a shop or two or ten, handle a lot of guns and bother guys. Eventually when people decide what they want, they would go to a shop that isnt very good to save five bucks.

If you dont have the $20 extra bucks to pay for a little better service, maybe you should buy a Bersa. Every shop in town should have a basic Glock in stock. I'm not saying that price isnt an issue, but you should buy off the guy you like the best.

What ,go to shops and " Bother Guys " ? Is it their job description to answer questions and show their wares ?

Do you do the same thing when you shop for a new car ?

So what's the big deal if someone wants to handle a firearm at a shop , then find what you want for a lower price if you can ?

You make it sound like I owe you something for letting me look at what you're trying to sell , and then how dare me go find it for alower price .

I buy my gas for as low a price I have to pay , groceries the same way .If I don't like your prices I'll shop around and find a deal that meets my budget , is this so wrong ?

I'm all for giving by Business to a shop that is Friendly and Customer Oriented , but there are times when that shop just can't beat another shops price . Now , that being said if it's a difference of less than $20.00 I'm glad to give to my local shop , anymore than that I'm not in the mood for donating .

JMHO

Last edited:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm very interested in this and would really appreciate more info... How do I sign up? Thanks!

Join GSSF (info on that can be found on Glock Sport Shooting Foundation). I hear that it can take a while to get your member packet.

Then you request your certificate (1 per year is allowed, and GSSF renewals are $25) and they mail it to you. Once in hand, find your local LEO Glock dealer (S.R. Jenkins in Indy most likely) and use the cert on the Glock of your choice.

GSSF also counts for CMP too, so you can get your club affiliation if you need it :)

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Since this thread severly got of track ie. where should I shop.

Let me add my opinion. I shop where either the price or the service is right. My transfer dealer is the one that treats me right he gets all of my business don't mind paying the $30 transfer even though I could get it for $10 from another. But if he tells me I cannot get you this rifle or not below let's say $1300 and then I find it online for $1100. I get it online, don't pay sales tax and still give him my transfer fee. If I see something that's on my wishlist for an unusually low price and it meets the budget I get it. I didn't swear faithfulness to my dealer but I do generally give him the benefit in the doubt because he is a nice gun and also needs to live.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    You can join GSSF and get the certificate for your yearly Glock. I think it's $398 from a LE dealer plus the $35 for the year membership. So ending price would be ~$465 with taxes.

Use caution here. The last I checked (about three months ago), information from Glock's website showed there are no LE dealers in Indiana. Indiana GSSF members have to use some FFL out of Kansas or Iowa (if I recall, it was a mid-west state). There are additional fees that are noted at the bottom, plus your going to have to pay an FFL here to take the gun in. Unless things have changed recently, it wasn't a good buy anymore for Indiana residents.

What ,go to shops and " Bother Guys " ? Is it their job description to answer questions and show their wares ?
    Do you do the same thing when you shop for a new car ?
    So what's the big deal if someone wants to handle a firearm at a shop , then find what you want for a lower price if you can ?

I think the problem is with a certain subset of gun fans. I would say that at least 60-75% of the time I have went to a public gun range, there is some gun die hard that just doesn't know when to shut-up. I have no problem having a few words, but there seems to be a subset of gun people who _must_ engage in conversation with a complete stranger who is there to shoot, not talk. They then have to go on and on about guns, how cool my stuff is, yada yada yada. I can only imagine how many folks go into a gun store with no money to buy, and therefore no intention to buy, just to finger firearms that they will likely never own, at least in the near future. When I go car shopping, it is because I am buying a car, likely within a week. I know of a few people who go into a gun store to handle products they have no desire, or ability, to purchase. I have never just went into a gun store to touch/feel a product that I really didn't have some sort of serious intention on buying. I would only go into a store, hold/dry-fire an XD, Glock, etc. if I was going to be making a purchase in the very, very near future. I know guns are neat, and a lot of folks like guns. However, I think there are likely way too many people who go in stores and gun shows that have no intention or ability to buy, yet they want to finger the product for some reason.

Last edited:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I wanted to make sure I got the most up-to-date info on the GSSF purchase program. Here is the deal:

http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_PISTOL_PURCH_LIST.pdf

You have to join GSSF.
    If you are from Indiana, you go through a dealer in Kansas.
    There is an extra $15 fee for S&H.
    There are also any transfer fees from the Indiana FFL.

There is also no indication of prices either. Just FYI.

clayman 762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    at Bradis they are $499 and they price match and they are the most friendiness and the most knowledgable in the state. I wouldnt shop anywhere else.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy

Sorry but I don't agree with your logic. I don't have one shop I always shop at. The guys at Bradis have been great to me. PSS, Beech grove, Outdoorsman, Wanamaker guns.

Pop Guns, service is horrid so I never go there, ever. That how I reward them. But of the shops I listed, all have been great so I have no problem giving my business to any of them. If PSS has a glock for 489 and Beech Grove for 509.00, what would I pay an extra 20 bucks for the same gun? Its a Glock, I have one already and basically he is gonna hand it to me and fill out some paperwork. That 20.00 bucks toward a third mag, ammo, uncle mikes holster.

I don't care if the guys at PSS or any other shop know me by name and think of me as a valuable customer. I work too hard for my money to give 20.00 for better service. Shouldnt exceptional service come included each time no matter how much business you throw a shops way?

I don't personally think I have bothered any shop...probably bother stand up guys like Mini-14 and Britton on here more. Maybe I should send them a check for being stand up guys.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    There are several stores around here (for me, that is defined as within an hrs drive) that have given excellent service. PSS, Premier Arms, Pearson Sporting Goods, even the guys in Big R's sporting goods department. They've all earned my business, I'll buy from whichever one has what I need at the best price when I'm buying.

Top Bottom