• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Yep, I'm not exactly sure of the issue he is having, but from what I read into it sounds like an extractor issue. Either the tension on the extractor is not right (which could be the spring issue you mention) or an issue with the extractor itself not having the right specs, etc. Replacing an extractor or the spring is an easy fix on a Glock if that is the issue.

It takes all of about 30 seconds to change it all. I thought about letting glock fix it. But I also knew itd probably cost me $30 in shipping plus a longer wait. I got the part from MidwayUsa and had it fixed in 2 days for just a few dollars.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It takes all of about 30 seconds to change it all. I thought about letting glock fix it. But I also knew itd probably cost me $30 in shipping plus a longer wait. I got the part from MidwayUsa and had it fixed in 2 days for just a few dollars.

Agreed, stripping a Glock slide is easy. If I can do it, anyone can :ingo: And yeah, the cost of shipping likely would even be more than that, based on how the carriers like to gouge when shipping a firearm from a private individual.

boba fett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    At first glance it looks to be very odd...but I had hands on last week and it's balanced very well. I actually like it....though I must admit I did not at first. I think once you get your paws on it and shoot it, you'll tend to like it more than hate it.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    I mean, the 19X is nice and all, but that Agency 17 is the sh*t!!!!

I LOVE MY AGENCY!!! It was actually really hard for me to come off that much coin for it, the one plus was I told my wife I was buying a Glock (AGENCY) and she didn't even bat an eye...

Yep, I'm not exactly sure of the issue he is having, but from what I read into it sounds like an extractor issue, at least for the failure to extract the case properly. Either the tension on the extractor is not right (which could be the spring issue you mention) or an issue with the extractor itself not having the right specs, etc. Replacing an extractor or the spring is an easy fix on a Glock if that is the issue.

As far as the slide slamming shut when inserting the mag, does it happen every time? How hard are you slamming the mag in when it does it? This could be an issue with the slide stop or it's spring.

The slide has a mind of its own, sometimes it will go forward even when gently inserting a mag. Everytime when I slam it, I've tried GEN 3-5 mags, Magpul mags, even other shooter it's all the same...

That is most probably what I'm going to do.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I LOVE MY AGENCY!!! It was actually really hard for me to come off that much coin for it, the one plus was I told my wife I was buying a Glock (AGENCY) and she didn't even bat an eye...

The slide has a mind of its own, sometimes it will go forward even when gently inserting a mag. Everytime when I slam it, I've tried GEN 3-5 mags, Magpul mags, even other shooter it's all the same...

That is most probably what I'm going to do.

Depending on location, any of the local Glock Armorers should be able to assist as well.

NHT3 on INGO comes to mind, but not sure of your location. Kenny over at Bradis, and others are also around the Indy area.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Depending on location, any of the local Glock Armorers should be able to assist as well.

NHT3 on INGO comes to mind, but not sure of your location. Kenny over at Bradis, and others are also around the Indy area.

Good old Terre Haute, as I write this sitting in Carmel.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Update: After replacing the extractor spring and applying too much PS CLP, I had zero issues with FTE with no magazine inserted. After complete disassembly and without changing anything reguarding the slide stop, the slide only cambers a round when the magazine is forcefully inserted... so I really don’t know. I made it to round 1,024 and I absolutely love this pistol! The more time I spend with it the more I value it. This for me has been one of the most worthwhile gun buys ever. I’ll update at round 5k!

Top Bottom