• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Nah, I won't go near far enough for it to be considered a Roland, just want to revisit the RDS on a pistol. Mainly to move policy in the direction of allowing them for off duty carry.

That'd be interesting. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Nah, I won't go near far enough for it to be considered a Roland, just want to revisit the RDS on a pistol. Mainly to move policy in the direction of allowing them for off duty carry.

With all of the data out about RDS why wouldn't departments be in favor of RDS on duty and off-duty pistols? I figured (or hope) that most departments would try just about anything to increase officer firearm proficiency and RDS seem to help allot.

http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/7dc128_c8da57977a8c4b53903192fa603fce6f.pdf

(Sage Dynamics RDS 4 year study)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    With all of the data out about RDS why wouldn't departments be in favor of RDS on duty and off-duty pistols? I figured (or hope) that most departments would try just about anything to increase officer firearm proficiency and RDS seem to help allot.

http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/7dc128_c8da57977a8c4b53903192fa603fce6f.pdf

(Sage Dynamics RDS 4 year study)

Timely progress is not something most LE agencies can be accused of on a regular basis. We make improvements but typically nowhere near before they've already become mainstream elsewhere.

That said, at least with my agency and our firearms related equipment we take the "trust but verify" approach. I won't get behind anything until I've seen it with my own eyes and had the ability to verify the authenticity of any testing if not conducting it myself. The firearms industry has been moving pretty quickly for the past decade and there's a lot of stuff out there that wasn't before. Not all of it is a good fit for a police officer whether on or off duty. The last thing on earth I intend to do is look a widow in the face and try to explain why we approved something which failed one of our officers.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Timely progress is not something most LE agencies can be accused of on a regular basis. We make improvements but typically nowhere near before they've already become mainstream elsewhere.

That said, at least with my agency and our firearms related equipment we take the "trust but verify" approach. I won't get behind anything until I've seen it with my own eyes and had the ability to verify the authenticity of any testing if not conducting it myself. The firearms industry has been moving pretty quickly for the past decade and there's a lot of stuff out there that wasn't before. Not all of it is a good fit for a police officer whether on or off duty. The last thing on earth I intend to do is look a widow in the face and try to explain why we approved something which failed one of our officers.
    Ill let you wring out my Gen3 19 w/RMR06 if you think it would help your cause, and need one?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I appreciate the offer, I had an RMR mounted to a G22 several years back and ran it for six months while I was still on the team so I'm familiar with the pros and cons. I'm not at the point where I need one in hand just yet but thank you.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    IF they get around to a 19C I'll be in on that for certain, but knowing Glock that may be on the back burner.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Could buy one and have it Magna-Ported.....

Mag-na-port International--The Mag-na-port Process: Handgun Porting

Jerry Miculek has it done to many of his guns.

T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    I am waiting for the same thing. While I am far from a fanboy, i've had a positive experience in working through the Gen 5 model. The C model will be bought without question. Problem with magnaporting is that it leaves areas with no finish and currently Glock will not accept refinish requests for the DLC finish. Especially for modifications that void the warranty. I'll wait patiently and carry my Gen 4 19C a little bit longer and make a few bucks letting my old C list somewhere.

Could buy one and have it Magna-Ported.....

Mag-na-port International--The Mag-na-port Process: Handgun Porting

Jerry Miculek has it done to many of his guns.

Top Bottom