• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    I'm sorry to revive an older thread, but I am new to IN and the forum, and I've been a Sphinx fan for years. I still own a few early (or earlier) guns, inc an AT2000s, one "predecessor" model (also made in Solothurn) and I still have at least two of their 380s ( one two tone and one in "Palladium"). There were very well made firearms, back in the day, with all SS frames and great out of the box triggers. I've yet to get my hand on their new current models, but they are on my list.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Interesting. I will plead ignorance on this one.
    I have been around firearms most of my life and I have lived overseas (Europe,) but I had never heard of Sphinx fire arms until you revived this.
    Always something new to learn...

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    I have been around firearms most of my life and I have lived overseas (Europe,) but I had never heard of Sphinx fire arms until you revived this.

This discovery is at an advantageous time since the all the difficulties Sphinx has had in the market. Hopefully KRISS USA keeps it alive. The SDP Compact is a great shooter and a very well built. It's an interesting design that's like a pistol parfait. Steel slide and barrel, alloy upper frame, with a poly lower frame/grip. There were some crazy Christmas deals this year (some as still available) for these in some awesome colors and configs (alpine white with TB and night sights), wish I could have jumped on one. :(

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield

I'm learning every day too. I'll see if I can snap a couple pics of my 'vintage' Swisstols and post them here tomorrow.

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    I'm learning every day too. I'll see if I can snap a couple pics of my 'vintage' Swisstols and post them here tomorrow.

As mentioned, here are two of my older Sphinx AT380's.....a two tone and a "Palladium" finish . They both have an LEM /DAO type trigger.

These are all SS frames/slides and built like little tanks. Almost pocket sized, but a bit heavy unless you have big ( and deep) pockets.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Is the Sphinx a better quality gun than the CZ? I know its a newbie question still have to ask.

It's built to tighter tolerances, if that means quality to you. You can tell when you rack the slide and dry fire it that it is VERY well fitted. Like a nice 1911 almost.

And the grip in my hand feels better than a P-07.

But I'd still chose the P-07s, spending my own scarce funds. Someone else's money? SPHINX.

Top Bottom