• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    On the main drag of Gas City there is a sign for 'In Laws and Outlaws' gun shop. I stopped in and it was a well-lit and clean place. The guy I talked to was patient and answered all the questions I had. They also sell zombie targets, even ones that bleed, and have some life-size bleeding zombie dummies on the way.

I told him about INGO and urged him to sign up and maybe be a site sponsor and he said he would look into it. He also has a petition going to open a range in the area and talked about renting guns and the more alternatives we can get to Don's the better.

They have gunsmith services there and I'll be taking my gun by later to have them site in my laser.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Was up that way a couple of weeks ago seen the sign but wasn't open. Will make it a point to check them out.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    address is 777 East Main Street, I know, lucky them. The store is a decent size and they have some selection but they just opened so I expect they'll have more selection as time goes on.

I don't know the hours but they have a Facebook page (hours might be there, haven't checked yet) and the page name is inlawsoutlawsgunshop. There is no phone number on the card so I can't share that with you.

I'm gonna stop in there on the way to my next VA appointment and have my laser sighted in.

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    I stopped in there the other week. Will probably be a decent shop once he gets up and running. Not much selection, don't think I saw one used gun, and maybe 5 long guns in the whole building counting a cricket 22 and a mosin. He is a cannon safe dealer and has 10 or so in the store.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    I never knew we had a Gas City....I bet there is a White Castle close by...:D

Yes, in Marion. It is only a few miles from Gas city however.

I normally frequent McDonalds Guns, but I'll check out the new guys. Jeff doesn't carry safes any longer so that will give them a way to stand apart.
    :yesway:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I have lived in this state my whole life and my mom's side has been here nigh on 220 years (in the same County no less, apparently our pioneer spirit died at the Falls:rolleyes:) and I never knew we had a Gas City....I bet there is a White Castle close by...:D

Gas City was right in the middle of the Trenton Gas field, back in the day. The Trenton led to the huge industrial boom in central and northern Indiana in the late 1800s. Industries could get free or low-cost natural gas, like Ball Corp in Muncie and U.S. Steel up north. Some towns even provided free natural gas to all the homes in the town. My first house in Muncie still had iron pipes in the attic for the gas mantle lights. Problem was, they didn't know so much about natural gas in those days and they ended up wasting 90% of it by venting to the atmosphere and by the huge gas-burning "Flambeaus" that many towns installed and that burned enormous amounts of gas 24/7. The gas was mostly gone by 1915 and the industries converted over to coal.

biggjimm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Grant Co.
    They have moved out to the interstate area east of town about 3 miles & now have gunsmithing & a range on site. I hear it is nice but can't say for sure.

I was in the store on the 3rd day of business when he first opened & was very put off by the owner. I found him to be very cocky & arrogant. Every question I asked was followed by a comment of why I should buy a glock. I heard him trying to "convert" other customers who asked about a .38 revolver & he pulled out a glock 9mm & proceeded to tell them why that was a better fit for their young daughter to carry. They left the store having never even touched any of the .38's they came in to look at because he never took one out of the display case for them to see. I seen them at another gun store in the same county that my friend owns a couple hours later & the guy bought two guns, two holsters & a box load of ammo. Well over a $1500 purchase.

When I mentioned that I had recently purchased my Springfield XDm .40 cal, his response to me was, "I'm sorry to hear that"

In my experience the guy was a total prick who is stuck on glocks to the point he's very insensitive to his customers.

Your mileage may vary, but I'll not be going back!

Have a blessed day. Jim.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    The owner is still a prick as stated earlier. I have had myself and several co-workers who where directly lied to by the owner on multiple different subjects. The older guy who work there full time is much nicer and more of a people person. This placed open up when the craze was full speed and they captured a lot of "newbies" that did not know their products or pricing.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Their pricing is pretty good on guns, everything else isn't too bad, but the real kicker is the 5% up charge for using a card. I prefer going to McDonald's Guns in Marion. I've always gotten treated as a customer there.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The owner is still a prick as stated earlier. I have had myself and several co-workers who where directly lied to by the owner on multiple different subjects. The older guy who work there full time is much nicer and more of a people person. This placed open up when the craze was full speed and they captured a lot of "newbies" that did not know their products or pricing.

I have run into the same arrogant attitude from the staff there. Shop was not friendly and the selection was so-so.

Have to agree with others, go North a couple of miles to McDonald's Gun Shop. Great selection and very friendly atmosphere.

McDonald's Guns
    1757 South, 600 East
    Marion, IN 46953
    765-644-8731
    Hours: Tues, Thurs, Fri 10 am-6 pm / Weds & Sat 10 am-5 pm.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...412646-review-mcdonalds-guns-near-marion.html

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    I have run into the same arrogant attitude from the staff there. Shop was not friendly and the selection was so-so.

Have to agree with others, go North a couple of miles to McDonald's Gun Shop. Great selection and very friendly atmosphere. onald's Guns
    1757 South, 600 East
    Marion, IN 46953
    765-644-8731
    Hours: Tues, Thurs, Fri 10 am-6 pm / Weds & Sat 10 am-5 pm.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...412646-review-mcdonalds-guns-near-marion.html

+1 on McDonalds. I stopped in based on your review. Quote from another post I made, "Mcdonalds Guns (As reviewed by Snooploggylog)
    I've been in that shop twice. I mentioned that I was new to reloading and they said that there wasn't anything they couldn't talk me through on the phone.
    Wow! Who does that any more? How awesome are LGSs?"

I thought they were great. Between them and Bobcat Steel I think I'm set, and I like knowing my money is going to good folks.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    McDonalds needs to put in a shooting range. Miles is really a nice guy but he is very biased on his opinions. He was telling me that Nikon makes junk and I had to disagree. But it was all cool.

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    I like stores that give a discount for cash. Someone has to pay the credit card fee so let the people that use the credit card rather than spreading part of it to me since I pay cash.

Top Bottom