Greens Fork, IN
    New gun store in Richmond
    "Black Bore Firearms"
    1300 NW 5th street.
    Corner of NW 5th and L
    765-983-2277
    Tim Cole, owner.
    Initial Hours 9AM-6pm Weekday 10am-6pm Saturday

Edit by SDH: I've been PM'ed that the hours are actually below.
    The Hours Are incorrect Hours are now 10:00 AM - 6:00PM Monday-Friday 10:00AM-5:00PM Saturday

Last edited by a moderator:

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I didn't get to stay long but my son and I went this morning. Seemed like he had a good selection and decent prices. Saturday hours are a definite plus!! No one else was there when we got there but it started getting busier shortly after. I invited Tim to INGO!

Taking my wife and sister in law in to handle some guns and see what fits them best and what the price range is going to be.

Soonerdoggy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Richmond, IN
    I didn't get to stay long but my son and I went this morning. Seemed like he had a good selection and decent prices. Saturday hours are a definite plus!! No one else was there when we got there but it started getting busier shortly after. I invited Tim to INGO!

Taking my wife and sister in law in to handle some guns and see what fits them best and what the price range is going to be.

As a local instructor in richmond, you might want to let them shoot some various guns before making a purchase. part of the equation in buying a gun, is being able to shoot it, not just what seems to work.
    I myself have bought guns in the past thinking they would shoot good and I ended up not shooting very well with them.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Yea, it would be nice to be able to do that here locally, but until someone opens up a store with a range here in town where you can shoot various pistols, or when our kids are grown and almost every waking moment isn't spent with their activities so that we can go to Indy and try different ones, I'll just have to keep buying her guns until we find one that works for her.

That's part of the fun of it, getting one that feels good, breaking it in and seeing how it shoots and how you shoot with it. I don't like how my LCP shoots, it is too small for her, but I can adjust my grip enough to hit where I am aiming. So although it's not a fun gun to shoot, it is small to carry and easy to hide which means I am armed more often then not now. I don't like how her Taurus 38 revolver shoots, and neither does she, but she likes the simplicity of a revolver, and if she had to use it, she would be able to.

She found a .25 that she liked believe it or not. I would never have considered the .25 but she wanted something small but with a big enough grip that she could hold on to it. I know, I know .25 is not an acceptable self defense round, but if she'll carry the darn thing, it will be better then nothing. Better then throwing her keys at someone, and better then just the pepper spray.

Nice rosewood grips on a PT-25: $219

PT-25.jpg

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I stopped in there Friday. Nice selection, good prices and clean shop. I assume it was Tim that I talked to in there. Nice guy, he took the time to answer our questions and show us guns. Positive experience.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My 16 year old son and I went there Friday. They were very friendly. I really liked the Tuarus NRA Special Edition 357 Magnum they had. Where do people in Richmond go to shoot their guns?

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Well, some people shoot at their own places, and some people go to the public range at Quakertown, Brookville: http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/0708_hg_moreinfo.pdf

But there are two places close that I know of closer to town, both are private ranges, the cost for membership varies and the use.

North of town: Welcome to Richmond Conservation Gun Club $50/year for a family membership, has an Archery range, Pistol and rifle range, and a small fishing pond. Nice place, not many organized activities which means range is open more.

South of town: Old Trails Rifle and Pistol Club , more organized activities including Trap/Skeet monthly, Complete NRA club (must be an NRA member). $70 / year + $35 for NRA, $50 additionally for indoor range.

I belong to both. Both are good places with a little bit different focuses.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Thanks for the info ralphb72, I live in the city limits so the neighbors might complain if I tried shooting in the back yard. It's nice to know we have a couple choices.

All American Pawn also has a good selection of guns. My son and I go there and they are always very friendly.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I belong to the Richmond Conservation Club also. I mainly go there to fish though. I shoot at my house. I did check out the new pistol range at the Conservation Club, looks nice.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    there is a soon to open gun shop south of Hagerstown,on the west side of Hwy 1. rumor has it that there will be 50 Ft. indoor firing ranges.
    I do not know of the exact date of opening.

It's great to see more gunshops open after the dark days of the Clinton-era war on FFLs.

I'm gonna stop in and check out Black Bore tomorrow.

jcharrison05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Richmond
    Ive been waiting for a new shop in the richmond hagerstown area and now theres 2. I heard that big daddys gun shop in hagerstown is still waiting for paperwork to go through. But the owner is the same guy that owned Meadows gun shop in hagerstown and decided to go bigger. Im glad richmond has a new shop gotta check it out.

mconnery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Richmond, IN.
    I have been to Black Bore several times and already made several purchases, including trades. Tim is very fair in his pricing and trades. I highly recommend doing business with him.

RetiredCop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I will be heading there this Saturday with my wife. She wants to "try on" a few handguns. She is uncomfortable with my LCP. No sense carrying a firearm she is reluctant to fire in a SHTF-type of situation.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I've purchased two handguns from him in the last month. He's real fair on pricing and will negotiate. He will also order ammo or whatever for you. He offers FFL services for $30. Doug is in there a lot too and he's very friendly and knowledgeable. I've compared pricing with other shops that are close by and Tim beats them. They also buy silver and gold...so any broke down jewelry you have, take it and get a better deal.

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    I went in there a few weeks ago. Very friendsly, nice layout, decent prices. I may go back soon to get my SR22, as the salesman was very willing to work on the price.

Top Bottom