• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I suspect it will not do so well, though I hope I am wrong. It is a poor location and I wonder how many folks want to go shoot a few rounds then drink in the bourbon bar. I had heard something like this was goin in near the Costco on the far east side. That would be a far better location. Either that was this development and they changed locations, or there will be some competition.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Went ahead and got my founders number, interested to learn what is included for the $150/month.

Range use, gym use, classes, or will all that be +$$ to monthly fee.

Obviously bourbon (not interested anyway), coffee and food will be extra $$$.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I suspect it will not do so well, though I hope I am wrong. It is a poor location and I wonder how many folks want to go shoot a few rounds then drink in the bourbon bar. I had heard something like this was goin in near the Costco on the far east side. That would be a far better location. Either that was this development and they changed locations, or there will be some competition.

My daughter sent me the article and said that maybe when they open, I can take her there to learn how to shoot. I said we can do better. I think Westside Sportsmen Club will be better suited to take her.

Personally, based on the article, I don't see that being my type of place. But hey, no disrespect and I'm not bashing them for starting this up. I wish them all the best and a very successful endeavor!

Edit: bmbutch was posting while I was typing. It definitely will not be my kind of place! :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wish them luck. I gotta wonder with the high cost of ammo, if any thing like this stands much of a chance. I hope I’m just being my cynical self.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My daughter sent me the article and said that maybe when they open, I can take her there to learn how to shoot. I said we can do better. I think Westside Sportsmen Club will be better suited to take her.

Personally, based on the article, I don't see that being my type of place. But hey, no disrespect and I'm not bashing them for starting this up. I wish them all the best and a very successful endeavor!

Edit: bmbutch was posting while I was typing. It definitely will not be my kind of place! :)
    For the greater good I too hope they are successful. However Evansville benefits from two large and well designed private ranges which serve folks well. there are two indoor ranges open to the public, at least one of which offers basic training classes.

gregkl you are welcome to go to the west side range but please feel free to reach out if you are in town and want to hit Red Brush. If I am available, I always like to take folks out there. It is an excuse to shoot!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For the greater good I too hope they are successful. However Evansville benefits from two large and well designed private ranges which serve folks well. there are two indoor ranges open to the public, at least one of which offers basic training classes.

gregkl you are welcome to go to the west side range but please feel free to reach out if you are in town and want to hit Red Brush. If I am available, I always like to take folks out there. It is an excuse to shoot!
    Will do!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    suspect things going in up here in the big city too. Just south of downtown among the heavy industry areas they are building what looks like another Top Golf.

I too question the location, but I guess levelling dilapidated warehouses is cheaper than land in decent/good neighborhoods.

From driving by on I70, its somewhere in this grid.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    suspect things going in up here in the big city too. Just south of downtown among the heavy industry areas they are building what looks like another Top Golf.

I too question the location, but I guess levelling dilapidated warehouses is cheaper than land in decent/good neighborhoods.

Not a golfer so I don't know what I don't know, but I can't imagine Top Golf being a sustainable business model unless it's more about the comradery and drinking then it is hitting golf balls off a six story building.

Seem like a lot of real estate and overhead for a driving range.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not a golfer so I don't know what I don't know, but I can't imagine Top Golf being a sustainable business model unless it's more about the comradery and drinking then it is hitting golf balls off a six story building.

Seem like a lot of real estate and overhead for a driving range.
    I used to play. My understanding is its more like a physical video game than golf. I think it tracks your shots and does all kinds of other fancy things. I think its more for the socialization than the sport.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I think Westside Sportsmen Club will be better suited to take her.
    We’ll, hate to break it to you, but “SHE’S”missing one important thing to get into west side, and because “SHE” doesn’t have “one important” thing, “SHE” will never be a member!, if “SHE” wants to join a club, “SHE” should look at Redbrush!

And this isn’t the indoor range that’s going in near Costco, I’ve heard about that one, and the name (and money) behind it is very prominent in Evansville, very prominent! They’re even talking about machine gun rentals!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So Westside does not allow females? That's interesting. She would never join, she just wants me to teach her a few things about shooting.

In reality, I'll try to take her to my range when she visits here.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    We’ll, hate to break it to you, but “SHE’S”missing one important thing to get into west side, and because “SHE” doesn’t have “one important” thing, “SHE” will never be a member!, if “SHE” wants to join a club, “SHE” should look at Redbrush!

And this isn’t the indoor range that’s going in near Costco, I’ve heard about that one, and the name (and money) behind it is very prominent in Evansville, very prominent! They’re even talking about machine gun rentals!
    That IS great to hear. I had heard about it during a presentation from the developer but had not heard any details. Glad to hear it is someone local.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    That IS great to hear. I had heard about it during a presentation from the developer but had not heard any details. Glad to hear it is someone local.
    My initial thought was shoot point blank, I was talking to a friend and he said lawman was building it near Costco,later I ran into a friend and he said no and that lawman was going on 41, and that “the prominent” family was going to build a large shop next to Costco, and let’s just say, if this family wants to purchase class 3 weapons for rental at their store, the won’t have any trouble coming up with “fully transferable” money, and won’t have any problem with “post 86” dealer letters (they have plenty of “pull” with local police offices!)

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I used to play. My understanding is its more like a physical video game than golf. I think it tracks your shots and does all kinds of other fancy things. I think its more for the socialization than the sport.
    I've been to a couple of Top Golf. My experience with golf was I liked it when Consultants we worked with paid for it. Most of those outings were "best ball" and various prizes for closest to pin, longest drive, etc. Never wanted to play and improve like most as I enjoyed other activities more.

That being said, as noted, the electronics and games for the irons are outstanding. They have pits with various points for accuracy, and it's tracked on a TV screen. Various games to play and of course they serve booze. I don't consider myself the social guy, but going there with a couple friends or family members is great fun.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there

I saw that they other evening when driving home from the airport. When I noticed it I thought that looks like a top golf layout with the tall poles.
    My son has been to the one up of I69 on the NE side and he loves it. Also when they are open the parking lot is usually nearly full.
    My guess that the one being built will concentrate on downtown people.

jdeanp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2022
    Southern IN
    While not a big fan of golf in general, top golf is quite fun. If you could transfer the same type of gimmick to a gun range, it'd be a whole new level of entertainment.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Well I was wrong, the very prominent name I heard was backing the place going in by Costco, is actually backing lawman tactical.

The range going in by Costco was who I originally thought was going in there
    Shoot point blank/range USA.

It only makes sense, they have stores In Indianapolis and Nashville, we’re in between both

Top Bottom