• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

packard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Hello everyone. New guy from rural Orange County.

I'm 72 yrs old and have owned firearms since 1972. I still have my original Remington 700 BDL 243 and SKS 900XL 12 gauge (although the 243 is now a 308, courtesy HS Precision). Due to the change in legal calibers for deer hunting, I aquired a used Marlin 94 44 mag and it has become my go to carry piece for walks in the woods.

Turns out I don't shoot open sights as good as I used to(or any sights for that matter), so I put up a small (50 M) range in my backyard so that I might practice more. Don't know if I'm getting better, but it sure is fun. Speaking of fun, a good 22 LR is hard to beat.

On handguns, I have both a 9mm and a 45 ACP. I aquired the 45 when it became obvious the 9 wouldn't do the job (knocking over steel plates).

Over the years I have learned a great deal about firearms, ballistics and reloading but after perusing this forum for awhile, I have learned that i still have a lot to learn. This is a great forum with a very knowledgable group of guys and gals. I look forward to being a part of it.

Packard

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Hello everyone. New guy from rural Orange County.

I'm 72 yrs old and have owned firearms since 1972. I still have my original Remington 700 BDL 243 and SKS 900XL 12 gauge (although the 243 is now a 308, courtesy HS Precision). Due to the change in legal calibers for deer hunting, I aquired a used Marlin 94 44 mag and it has become my go to carry piece for walks in the woods.

Turns out I don't shoot open sights as good as I used to(or any sights for that matter), so I put up a small (50 M) range in my backyard so that I might practice more. Don't know if I'm getting better, but it sure is fun. Speaking of fun, a good 22 LR is hard to beat.

On handguns, I have both a 9mm and a 45 ACP. I aquired the 45 when it became obvious the 9 wouldn't do the job (knocking over steel plates).

Over the years I have learned a great deal about firearms, ballistics and reloading but after perusing this forum for awhile, I have learned that i still have a lot to learn. This is a great forum with a very knowledgable group of guys and gals. I look forward to being a part of it.

Packard
    Hello and welcome to :ingo:! That Marlin 44 Magnum would be a dandy of a deer rifle here in Indiana.

packard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Thank you all for the kind welcome

Shadow. My absolute favorite radio character from the days before TV.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom