• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    Glad to be on here, and looking forward to soaking in all the knowledge. Grew up doing some plinking with my dad's 22, that's about it. Fast forward to last year, took my son to Blythe's in Valpo with my wife's step-father. He had the normal interest in guys that any boy gets, and I wanted him to learn properly. Now this year I have a 10 year old son who has gone nuts for hunting. So we did the Hamilton County Hunter Education Class in the fall. He and I split the cost of a Ruger 10/22, and have gotten in a couple trips to the range to practice. I would like to start him with squirrels and rabbits, then work up from there. Working on trying to find some private land to use so we aren't in competition while we learn.

His ultimate goal is deer hunting with a crossbow. We shot some at the Hoosier Outdoor Experience, and they were nice. Plus, that would let us be out before rifle season, which would make me feel a little more comfortable.

Thanks,
    Matt

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Welcome to INGO from NWI. Hope that you enjoy the page as much as most of us do. A real wealth of information on here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom