• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    Ok, I'm not new to forum use, but I am at a loss for my reputation here.

I believe this is my 55th post. I have tried to make substantive posts, per the rules, and I really like the forum. Seems to be a good group. Many thanks to those who have commented on my musings.

What I don't understand is how I have this, surely it is a glitch:

924539 point(s) total

I mean, 55 posts? Really? Can someone help me understand this.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Have you been providing certain personal services for rep? Or rep-whoring in the rep pyramid threads, which is infinitely dirtier?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Around here, there are threads whose sole purpose is to get "free/unearned" rep. Kind of like getting all of your friends to put your number on the truckstop bathroom walls, rather than getting it there the hard way. Of the two, I'd respect you more for getting your rep the first way where you're at least providing SOME service for it than the second.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    the more rep you have the more rep points you give.

so someone with 100 rep points will give fewer rep points per rep then someone who has 100,000 rep points.

so you have been repped by people with a lot of rep points.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Around here, there are threads whose sole purpose is to get "free/unearned" rep. Kind of like getting all of your friends to put your number on the truckstop bathroom walls, rather than getting it there the hard way. Of the two, I'd respect you more for getting your rep the first way where you're at least providing SOME service for it than the second.

The "Rep Pyramid" thread has resulted in people with pointlessly-high rep power. The rep system is essentially completely broken as a result, and so I wouldn't ascribe any particular significance to anyone's rep. This is why I have my rep display disabled.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    so someone with 100 rep points will give fewer rep points per rep then someone who has 100,000 rep points.

so you have been repped by people with a lot of rep points.

There are a dozen or so people with >40,000,000 rep points. Mine is around 4,000,000 and I have never participated in rep whoring.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    At one time rep points ment somthing. That time has come and gone. Now its just a game. For instance, right now you have more rep points than I do, and you have been here for 1 month, and 60ish posts. Ive been here for over 4 years and 9000ish posts. Not that Im some grand master here, but I post alot, and I post alot of usful info (atleast I think its usful)

I dont do the rep pyramid threads.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I remember seeing a few people who are no longer around here actively neg-repping specific people, too. They'd spread some around, then as soon as they could they would find a post by that particular person and negative rep it just because. Repeat ad nauseum.

It was truly ridiculous.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The best thing is , now you can go spend all those points in the Ingo gift shop.

I love the INGO gift shop!
    picture.php

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You know you're on a gun forum when you see a picture like that and your first thought is, "I wish they'd move so I could see what else is on the wall..."

Top Bottom