• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm a CZ cool-aid guzzler, and I have some great handguns, including two Shadows I converted to SAO. Both have light, crisp triggers. I own several other CZ pistols and I am fully committed to the design and the company. I love the work CZ Custom does, and I've spent my share of money at Cajun Gun Works.

Then I encountered Sphinx. I fell in love with the compact, which is basically a higher quality P01. I'll own one of those one day. What I've been seeking for a long time is the perfect EDC handgun. I've tried various 380s, and while the Ruger LCP custom is a fine pistol, I just can't get behind that round. I've tried small 9mm's like the Kel Tec version, which is also fine, but so hard to shoot well. My latest go-to concealable EDC has been a Walther PPS in 40, which is very, very good, but still the low capacity issue.

Today I bought the Sphinx subcompact. It will fit in my pocket - one of my requirements, it's 14+1, and I can use my CZ 18 round magazine as my second mag.

First inspection: Everything you can read online about the quality. The level of finish on the INSIDE rivals the outside finish on many pistols. The ergonomics are impeccable.

Then I took it to the range. 150 rounds today. Accuracy - better than a stock P01. Rapid fire - the same. The double action pull is beyond my trigger pull scale - smooth, a bit of stacking at the end - nothing to write home about. Get this, though. The single action pull is the best I've ever felt. That includes custom 1911s and the two CZ Shadows I converted myself, which break crisply at around three pounds. The Sphinx has a 3 lb take-up, then breaks at 2.5 lbs after that, and the break is nothing less than spectacular. Best trigger I've ever felt on a handgun, period. Comes scary close to the Kidd trigger on my custom 10/22, and the American Gold trigger I have on my customized crazy accurate AR. Beats my two Shadows in crispness and glass-rod breakability.

I am in love with this handgun. It's my new best friend. I don't have pictures, but here is a link to the site with pictures and specs:

Alpha 9mm DA/SA

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I remember selling Sphinx years ago when first imported. They never really caught on and kind of faded away but they are nice guns and these new ones are even better, nice score.

Top Bottom