• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Henrys are about the only leverguns I see anywhere these days...but I've seen plenty. I'm a Marlin guy, so I haven't paid much attention to the specific models, but most of my LGS visits in the past couple years have started with an excited look at a whole rack of leverguns, only to disappointedly learn that they're all Henrys.

I have several Henrys and like them. Given the option, however, I'd buy a Marlin if I was given the option of buying a similar rifle from each company. I want a 336 in 30-30 and I wouldn't buy a Henry 30-30 instead if I found one in the store.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    My brother picked up a Golden Boy over Christmas, and I've gotta say it's a nice rifle. It looks nice, has a smooth action, nice sights, and is reasonably accurate. I still wouldn't trade my old beat up 39a for it, though. I've not shot any of the Henry center-fire guns, but I'm happy with my 1894s, 1895, and 336.

I applaud them for coming out with this semi-auto PCC, though. It addresses pretty much everything I didn't like about the feature set of the Ruger PC Carbine, and looks way better to boot. I really want to buy one, if only to encourage them to keep building cool stuff like this. Unfortunately, I also have a really nice CMMG RDB 9mm AR build that is pretty much perfect, and it's not going anywhere. I have a hard time spending close to $1000 for a gun that fills basically the same role. The desire is definitely there...it's just at odds with my practical side. We'll have to see what the street price on these settles down to once they've been out for a while to determine if I can justify it to myself or not.

360willys

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    South Bend
    I have several Henrys and like them. Given the option, however, I'd buy a Marlin if I was given the option of buying a similar rifle from each company. I want a 336 in 30-30 and I wouldn't buy a Henry 30-30 instead if I found one in the store.
    Atleast Henry is now putting loading gates on some of the products. They have great customer service but when they were only tube feed they were a pain to load.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Hope these prices hold up when they actually have some to sell:

$682

sell33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2013
    Delaware County
    Hope these prices hold up when they actually have some to sell:

$682

Now that price does make these interesting….hard pass at msrp.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Ugghhh….. I have nothing in 9mm except 600 rds of ammo. What’s not to like about this one?? American made and good quality!!! I know I’ll get flamed for saying this but if it was a forty there would be one on the way!!!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I guess the Sig/S&W magwell takes either P320 or M&P mags in the same magwell. I'd really like that functionality, as I already have a Ruger PC Carbine for Glock mag compatibility, and I have all three pistol platforms in the safe. (Glock, M&P and P320) Still can't do $900+ for a 9mm carbine, though. Will keep an eye on it and see what the prices do. Not holding my breath, though...Henrys have never been inexpensive.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I guess the Sig/S&W magwell takes either P320 or M&P mags in the same magwell. I'd really like that functionality, as I already have a Ruger PC Carbine for Glock mag compatibility, and I have all three pistol platforms in the safe. (Glock, M&P and P320) Still can't do $900+ for a 9mm carbine, though. Will keep an eye on it and see what the prices do. Not holding my breath, though...Henrys have never been inexpensive.
    A few places are listing them around $680. Look at a few posts about yours. If they stay at that price when they get some in stock that is.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It needs a Beretta 92 magwell and a bayonet lug for AR style bayonets (or some other USGI bayonet)

Ohh wait, I have a GI M1 carbine... that is the realization I come to when I look at a 9MM PCC, and move on.

Henry has come the closest to hitting the mark of all the makers.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It needs a Beretta 92 magwell and a bayonet lug for AR style bayonets (or some other USGI bayonet)

Ohh wait, I have a GI M1 carbine... that is the realization I come to when I look at a 9MM PCC, and move on.

Henry has come the closest to hitting the mark of all the makers.

Do us 10mm fans a favor and ask for a 10mm while adding your feedback.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Do us 10mm fans a favor and ask for a 10mm while adding your feedback.
    Why stop there. Ask for .50 Action Express

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You know a Bayonet equipped model may be easier to do for them then I am thinking. Just doing it aftermarket.

There are A2 style flash hiders for the thread this carbine uses.

Then get one of these.
    0502181809-02.jpeg

Top Bottom