• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Hello all, first time poster, been lurking for a while though;)
    Here's my predicament. I've been looking to pick up a SA Mc operator for a few months now. I finally found one somewhat local but the asking price is 1300. So do keep waiting for one to show up at my LGS or pull the trigger on the somewhat overpriced one?

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    I agree to wait out the current rushes... I know it might be difficult, but you will be very happy when the prices starting coming down this summer.

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    This panic nonsense is getting old. I've saving up for this for a long time and as soon as I have a decent amount of cash put together prices go threw the roof!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    :runaway:

I heard they already stopped making them TOMORROW! You'd better call and offer 1/2 again the asking price, and ask if he'll hold it for the 10 minutes it will take you to get there.

Be sure to ask if he wants cash, gold, or small furry animals as remittance.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    This panic nonsense is getting old. I've saving up for this for a long time and as soon as I have a decent amount of cash put together prices go threw the roof!

And if enough people continue to buy at higher prices they'll stay where they are at. If people calm down and become more rational about the situation buyers will be sitting on inventory and will be forced to lower their price.

The only issue is that no one knows for certain when prices will break. Hopefully, though, the people that panic bought at ridiculous prices are clearing through the pipeline and those who are just a bit more patient will reap the rewards.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think the height of the panic buying is behind us. Guns are on the shelves now and the LGS's near me are dropping their prices again. It's still not to where they were before, but it's not as high as it was for a while too.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I don't know what it should cost, but I would wait for the prices to come down. A LGS has had an Ak47 in for the past 3 weeks and is priced a few hundred higher than MRSP. And they haven't moved it. I think the people who were willing to dole out the extra cash during the panic have gotten them already. I think if people stop paying the inflated prices they will come down.

At the Indy 1500 in Jan, AR's were $2800 and I didn't see any of them being sold. And the same people were selling them, at $1200 the last I checked and they still have inventory. Just my 2€

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Patience had never been one of my strong virtues, but I will try. I'll keep you posted on my decision!

Top Bottom