• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    My Parents just moved into a house with all the fancy upgrades. They have one of these in pretty much every room, but they don't seem connected to anything and do not seem to have power to them?

IMG_0092.jpg

I should also note, that every room has what appears to be 2 sets of 6 (either) RCA jacks or cable jacks. The box in the garage has like 30 comcast/fios type cables ran into it (not the fuse box). The previous owner had this place wired like a BWW's bar room. I'm guessing there is some type of whole home receiver missing to run this little input box?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Looks like the whole house was wired to be "ready" for a central sound reciever system that could then be used to control what you were listening to in any room.

The RCA jacks in each room would be for surround speakers / normal stereo speakers. From there, you could select which device you wanted to listen to, such as the TV, radio, CD player, etc.

I think you could add such a reciever with a little help from a local AV store.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Agree with you both. I'm hoping/wondering if someone can point out more specifically what kit these might have come with. The amount of jacks in each room and them being on different walls make me wonder if was wired to be able to do the same with visual as well as audio. They also seem to be HD type stuff. Like some of the new cables that have the blue and gren RCA's with the red, yellow, and white? I'm totally out of my league here, but I'd be curious to know if these came with any specific "home" or "surround sound" receiver.

Thanks for the tips!

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    AV/Audio/Video Wall Plates for In-Wall Audio/Video Cable and Wire Installation

Blue Green red sound like component video connections. The site above has a crap load of information on the subject. I would also look in the phone book for custom audio/video installers. I would be willing to bet that one of them did the installation. You may be able to have them come in and give you an explanation of whats, what.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    The house is wired for home theater in every room. There should be a closet or smart panel somewhere in the house (maybe the garage thing you mentioned) where a receiver would go. Ive heard them be called electrical closets. Basically the tv is the only thing visible in the room (if the speakers arent built in to the wall then they would hook up as well) then the DVD/CD/cable box or satelite box are all in this smart room/electrical closet. With a push of the button on the panel or your remote control, you have access to everything. Now, if this is the case, you should also have some sort of a sensor that allows you to change the DVD/CD/Satelite from the room without the box actually being visible. Hopefully thats not too confusing.

Edit....A look at the pic again, the reddish looking screen at the top is either some sort of light showing its on or could be the "sensor" I mentioned ealier.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Red blue and green are component video.
    Yellow is composite video.
    Red and white are analog audio.

Pull one of those control modules out and see if there is a model number or a manufacturer listed on the back.

Top Bottom