• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Sheridan High School football Coach Larry "Bud" Wright has just secured the Indiana High School Football alltime winningest Coach record! He got win #369 tonight against Lapel. Sheridan moves on to the Sectional finals.

Congrats Coach Wright! You are a true legend! :rockwoot:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Sheridan High School football Coach Larry "Bud" Wright has just secured the Indiana High School Football alltime winningest Coach record! He got win #369 tonight against Lapel. Sheridan moves on to the Sectional finals.

Congrats Coach Wright! You are a true legend! :rockwoot:

Heard about this on the news tonight. Congrats Coach!!! :thumbsup:

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Actually I believe it's a 9 game season and 6 game playoff. (3 sectionals, regional, semi-state and Championship)

I believe Coach Wright is around 46-48 seasons now. Not exactly sure of how many years it is. Word from the fans at the game said Coach Wright's High School football coach actually gave him the game ball. Man, that guy has to be pushin 100....not sure who he is or how old he is.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Actually I believe it's a 9 game season and 6 game playoff. (3 sectionals, regional, semi-state and Championship)

I believe Coach Wright is around 46-48 seasons now. Not exactly sure of how many years it is. Word from the fans at the game said Coach Wright's High School football coach actually gave him the game ball. Man, that guy has to be pushin 100....not sure who he is or how old he is.

It's an 8 game season around here, but apparently it's different everywhere...Some schools only play 7 in the regular season.

Awesome, just remember to leave your guns at home if you go to any playoff games (technically not just locked in your trunk)!

Yep, don't bring one unless you plan on parking off school grounds and leaving it in your car.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My HS coach isn't too far behind him... I couldn't find win percentage stats for coach Wright, but . 632 total win ratio and .716 playoff win ratio. with 50% sectional titles in his years as head coach (16 Sectional titles in 32 years of coaching).

MINNICH, RICK | Indiana Football Hall of Fame

Interesting fact, he was my dads coach as well... now that's a coach that was around for a while... sadly, he retired to spend more time with his wife who was battling cancer. :(

I didn't much like him for his personality, but he was a darn good coach...

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I'm thinking Cabby O'neal of Jasper was the prior record holder. Congrats on the impressive record. Anytime Jasper gets knocked down a notch it's a good thing.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    369 wins?!?!? WOW!

To put that into a bit of perspective, every team plays a minimum of 9 games and a max of 14. If you win 9 games a season (well above average), it would take 41 years to get to 369.

Edit: My HS football coach was successful and was around (what seemed like) forever and he only had 209 wins.

LIDY, JOHN L. | Indiana Football Hall of Fame

Benny, I bet you pee-wee kids could take them....wishful thiking?

Top Bottom