• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • III Percent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Hello everyone!!! I'm a current government range manager who is in the process of putting together a business plan to open a new five star indoor pistol/rifle gun range and retail business in Southern Indiana. I'm looking to possibly open fall of 2015 somewhere on the US 37 corridor between Bloomington and Bedford. We will offer a state of the art 6 or 8 lane (still hashing the number of lanes out) indoor range which will handle rounds up to .50 BMG with a 3800 square foot retail and rental area. We will sell the higher line of guns along with mid and low range and will also offer clothing brands such as Beretta and Benelli along with other merchandise you don't find in the big box stores. The range will also offer pistol and rifle rentals, ammo sales, training classes, locker rentals and Members Lounge. We will have shooting leagues, kids events (with an adult), women's night and women's training classes will be taught by a female instructor. After the business stabilizes we will secure our Class 3 FFL and offer full auto weapon rentals.

I'm looking for input as to what you would like to see at an indoor range, any ideas or suggestions. Plus I would like to know if the Southern Indiana Gun Owners community is interested in a range in your area and how much you would use it. This is important to me because of the high up front investment and I need to know if I have the support behind me to continue the pursuit.

Thanks
    Jim Warnick (III Percent)​

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Well most all of the gun ranges down here by Evansville are booked with max members with a waiting list, so I would say as far as the range end of it... yes I think it could be supported.

:welcome: to INGO

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Something like that is certainly needed in S. Indiana. Have you tried to benchmark popular ranges? Maybe check out Applied Ballistics in Lafayette. I'd really like to see something like that in my area, with perhaps a larger selection of guns/accessories. (as long as we're daydreaming here...:):) good luck!

III Percent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Well most all of the gun ranges down here by Evansville are booked with max members with a waiting list, so I would say as far as the range end of it... yes I think it could be supported.

Thanks for the info atvdave, how many lanes are the Evansville ranges set up for???

Last edited:

III Percent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Something like that is certainly needed in S. Indiana. Have you tried to benchmark popular ranges? Maybe check out Applied Ballistics in Lafayette. I'd really like to see something like that in my area, with perhaps a larger selection of guns/accessories. (as long as we're daydreaming here...:):) good luck!
    Going to start making the rounds next week hopefully. I'm modeling mine after a five star range I saw in Nashville. Large selection of guns and accessories espectially along the higher class, Bennelli, Beretta, HK, Weatherby, ect..... We'll do special orders too. Putting in a lounge for Members and training classroom. I want this to be a place a guy or gal can come and hang around all day if they want to. Sort of a shooters piece of heaven.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Open Range

Another suggestion for benchmark is this range on the far East end of Louisville. I looked at them as a resource for my Father In-Law to take his CCW class for KY. Very impressed with the facility & storefront. Might be overkill for your area, but I feel they are worth the time...

Best of luck, cause I know several people around that area who'd enjoy something like this!

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Thanks for the info atvdave, how many lanes are the Evansville ranges set up for???

We only have one indoor range down here ... small at 4 lanes. https://www.facebook.com/strictlyshooting?rf=159461774074623

Out door ranges....

Izaak Walton..... https://sites.google.com/site/evansvillechapter/home

Red Brush.... Red Brush Rifle Range waiting list

West Side Sportsman Club.... WSSC.US - Home waiting list

Daniel Boone gun club... Daniel Boone Gun Club waiting list

Daves gun shop... Dave's Gun Shop: Holland, IN: Firearms, Hunting Rifles, Sporting Goods, Shooting Range & More

III Percent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the info everyone, keep it coming. ATVDAVE I noticed your a Navy Cannon Cocker! Hoo Yah brother! I was an EW on active duty and then a AO in the reserves.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Thanks for the info everyone, keep it coming. ATVDAVE I noticed your a Navy Cannon Cocker! Hoo Yah brother! I was an EW on active duty and then a AO in the reserves.

hehe.. yep, I was on the missiles end of it. GMM (which are no longer) I worked on the MK10 GMLS. From what I've heard they merged GMM & GMG rate to just GM now due to VLS.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    Maybe this is just me , but I've always wanted a good place to shoot my bow and firearms. I have seen places like it in other states but not near me that would have a bow range and a pistol range. When I go out to my own home range (nothing fancy) its bows, handguns and rifles, always thought it would be cool at a classy joint.

Maybe I am just dreaming

III Percent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Maybe this is just me , but I've always wanted a good place to shoot my bow and firearms. I have seen places like it in other states but not near me that would have a bow range and a pistol range. When I go out to my own home range (nothing fancy) its bows, handguns and rifles, always thought it would be cool at a classy joint.

Maybe I am just dreaming

I have been throwing around that idea since I used to be fairly good on a recurve, but the bow range would probably be a future expansion of the business. I want to get the indoor gun range down first because there is alot involved in the safety and environmental aspects of it and then look to adding the archery range next. Looks like were both having the same dream.....;)

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I know that there are a lot of people in this area looking for a place to shoot. The Judah area in northern Lawrence co. would be ideal. Lawrence Co. does not have the zoning regs that other counties have. Plus the Judah area is 15 minutes south of Bloomington and they have far less areas to shoot in than Lawrence county does. Good Luck to your endeavors.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I would love there to be a place like H&H Gun Range in Oklahoma City. Gun shop, range, restaurant, reloading supplies, aaahhhh.

There will be those who chime in with negative comments like "I can shoot at my neighbors place, I won't pay to shoot", blah blah blah.
    IGNORE those comments. I believe there is a large population that will if the price is reasonable. If there are any doubts look at the interest in the Martinsville Sportsman Conservation Club.
    Indiana has its share if inclement weather, an indoor range is very appealing during those times of snow, rain, ice, cold, rain, etc.

Maybe you should consider Martinsville as a possible location. :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom