• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Hopefully they will have a better membership policy than the joint in Cicero was planning to have.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    That is awesome. Was disappointed the Carmel range was getting held up, but this makes up for it. Im about 10 minutes away...cannot wait for this to open.
    Where you hear the Carmel range was getting help up? It's already zoned for a business like that. the Planning commissions meeting is August 20. Even though the Mayor has come out publicly saying he doesn't want it there he has personally sent me an e-mail saying it's already zoned for it so it's probably a mute point what he says. Time will tell on that one.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    did anyone see the editorial comment in the new issue of "Current in Westfield" on page 13? It's completely crazy saying that the DQ will hear gun fire and that the cemetery across the street is a foreshadowing. I believe I'm going to write them and ask if they have ever been to a range. No bullets leave the building and I have never heard fire from outside.

We need to tell Maniquoi the owner of that DQ (317-846-5256) we are more than happy to drive a mile away to go to Handles ice cream if he doesn't want as he says "those type of people in his restaurant". It's better anyways.

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield
    Where you hear the Carmel range was getting help up? It's already zoned for a business like that. the Planning commissions meeting is August 20. Even though the Mayor has come out publicly saying he doesn't want it there he has personally sent me an e-mail saying it's already zoned for it so it's probably a mute point what he says. Time will tell on that one.

Even though it is zoned...it can still be held up. When lawyers are involved, any minor technicality can cause the business to not be built or have it buried in paperwork and court causing it to be unappealing to pursue. I hope it does not happen, but with the track record Carmel has for "looking out for their best interests", I'm not holding my breath.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Technical Firearms Training

"Technically, it is a magazine, not a clip."

"Technically, it is a slide stop, not a slide release."

"Technically, it is a . . .":D

What great news to see another venture for TFT. May 10,000 flowers bloom!

Aside: Given the high percentage of firearms ownership in Indiana and the disposible income levels in the northern Indy Tetris burbs (Westfield, Carmel, Fishers, etc.) I am shocked that there are not already several indoor ranges there in Hamilton County. I guess now is the time.

jackofspades

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Fishers/Noblesville
    I too am suprised that there are not more of these type of establishments in Hamilton County. Has anyone heard anything on what the pricing might be for this place? I hope its not like everything else in Hamilton County and have a 20% price surcharge.

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield
    I too am suprised that there are not more of these type of establishments in Hamilton County. Has anyone heard anything on what the pricing might be for this place? I hope its not like everything else in Hamilton County and have a 20% price surcharge.

Since this one is in Westfield, I would assume it should be fairly competitive price wise. I dont typically see the price gouging in Westfield. You can almost guarantee the range thats trying to go in Carmel will be overpriced.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    If anyone is in the neighborhood Wednesday evening (Aug. 7), the ground-breaking ceremony is taking place at 5:30. I'll be there with the owner, Tim Tomich, and the Mayor of Westfield is expected to say a few words.

It is the industrial park right across 32 from the Westfield municipal complex - police station, etc.

Guy

Purdue Plinker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    Indy
    If anyone is in the neighborhood Wednesday evening (Aug. 7), the ground-breaking ceremony is taking place at 5:30. I'll be there with the owner, Tim Tomich, and the Mayor of Westfield is expected to say a few words.

It is the industrial park right across 32 from the Westfield municipal complex - police station, etc.

Guy

This is exciting news. Congrats. Nice and convenient location. We're like ten minutes from ECPR now but hopefully moving to Carmel in the next year and will appreciate the quick access up north too. The in-laws are up that way as well (we usually hit up ECPR early Sunday mornings - this past week you encouraged my MIL to shoot the smaller circles while sorting brass, haha) and they will definitely enjoy the new facility so close. The RSOs make them feel comfortable so glad TFT will be involved in Westfield as well.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    It's great to see the ground breaking happening. Keep us posted on here with the progress. It's like waiting for Christmas when you're a kid.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield

Guy

Dooogh! I need to subscribe to this thread, I missed this. I could have been there.

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    I missed the post about the groundbreaking too, though I would not have been able to make it. I did swing by there on Saturday while on a bike ride, and snapped a pic of the progress:
    IMAG0753.jpg

Top Bottom