• ...and so much more!
  • mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    From their Rules and Forms:

"Rifle ammunition must be purchased from TSAW."

I applaud the efforts of Tim for putting this together. This is nothing but a plus for the shooting community.

But as much as I want to like this (it is literally around the corner from my house)....fees are pretty steep, required to purchase targets there, required to purchase their rifle ammo. Those prices add up quickly for two people to shoot for an hour.

I'm likely to keep driving to ACC. This isn't a knock on Tim who seems to have a good reputation. I think he has a pretty good target market that he will serve well. I don't think people like myself, who shoot a lot of pistol and rifle, will be willing to shell out the $$$.

With that said, I'll be encouraging my wife to take a class here with Guy, and I will definitely be stopping by the store.

Now.....if he'll do FFL transfers for $25 I'll eat my above words ;)

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

I applaud the efforts of Tim for putting this together. This is nothing but a plus for the shooting community.

But as much as I want to like this (it is literally around the corner from my house)....fees are pretty steep, required to purchase targets there, required to purchase their rifle ammo. Those prices add up quickly for two people to shoot for an hour.

I'm likely to keep driving to ACC. This isn't a knock on Tim who seems to have a good reputation. I think he has a pretty good target market that he will serve well. I don't think people like myself, who shoot a lot of pistol and rifle, will be willing to shell out the $$$.

With that said, I'll be encouraging my wife to take a class here with Guy, and I will definitely be stopping by the store.

I tend to agree with you. I've never heard of a range mandating you buy their targets and ammunition. I knew it was too good to be true.

DoctorThunder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013

Not to split hairs, but the rules and regulations say that rifles deemed military round must be purchased from TSAW. Don't ask me what that means exactly, but I'm guessing that includes .223/5.56, so I'll continue to take my business to Fox Prairie or BGF.

http://timsshootingacademy.com/images/Documents/TSAW-Rules-Regulations-v1-2-2014.pdf

Speaking of prices, Fox Prairie recently raised their prices, but still a great deal for what you get. BGF has always been fair, letting you shoot your own ammo and also give you a target. Hopefully TSAW loosens the reigns a bit over time. It's always good to have options.

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Not to split hairs, but the rules and regulations say that rifles deemed military round must be purchased from TSAW. Don't ask me what that means exactly, but I'm guessing that includes .223/5.56, so I'll continue to take my business to Fox Prairie or BGF.

http://timsshootingacademy.com/images/Documents/TSAW-Rules-Regulations-v1-2-2014.pdf

Speaking of prices, Fox Prairie recently raised their prices, but still a great deal for what you get. BGF has always been fair, letting you shoot your own ammo and also give you a target. Hopefully TSAW loosens the reigns a bit over time. It's always good to have options.
    The military round designation appears to be an update

Iurobz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Went by today. Not open yet. They had a sign on the door saying they hope to open in the next few days.

338sniper

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    That's the great thing about America. If you think the price is to high you have 2 choices, don't buy it (or patronize it) or open your own indoor gun range (with all the upfront cost) and charge less.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    That's the great thing about America. If you think the price is to high you have 2 choices, don't buy it (or patronize it) or open your own indoor gun range (with all the upfront cost) and charge less.

So you have no issue with having to buy their ammo and targets? Will you be the first in line for a $75 FFL?

Top Bottom