• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steeltoe546

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Castleton
    In my opinion, their prices seemed a bit high but I finally don't have to go to pop guns or a range around Indy. As for whats already been said about safety when using their range, they definitely cover all their bases.

Plane Pistol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Tried out Tim's today (Saturday afternoon.). Had to wait 1.5 hours for a pistol lane. No draw rules and no gun in parking lot are deal breakers for EDC training. Perhaps the most frustrating was the "club" members who get to fast pass to the front of the line. Happened to me three times while I waited patiently. No seats or benches to wait so you stand around in the very crowded small showroom. They need to get a take a number machine like at Gander Mountain so you can get an idea of who is ahead of you. The lanes are crowded. They allow up to three people per lane and have what appears to be a waiting area/bar (sorry no beverages) behind the lanes. It was too crowded to even throw away targets. You must buy targets from them. Really wanted a good experience, I' m Beech Grove bound from now on.

Blkbrd11XX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Ive been to Pops Guns several times. Have NEVER had a pleasant experience and once I thought Id be drawing in the parking lot. Ill gladly take the short drive, higher prices, $1.50 targets and safety rules. Cant please everyone all of the time.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Given the military rifle caliber rule (I literally don't own a rifle in a non-military caliber other than .22, and my collection spans from 1873 through current) and the no rapid fire (which means the M10/45 has to stay home), I probably won't frequent Tim's.

But, I'm very glad to hear they are busy. BGF was jumping this weekend too (I'll bet so was Indy Trading post and probably Family Indoor and Don's). Just goes to show you that there is still plenty of unmet demand for more ranges to open up and gun shops to open up. We've had a boom in firearms related businesses popping up in the past few years and I think it is awesome.

Iurobz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Went to Tim's for the first time yesterday (Sunday). Had a very good experience. Had to watch the 10 min safety video, then fill out the waiver. After that, the wait was about 20 minutes for a lane. Found the range officers very friendly and helpful. Might not mean much to most of you, but to a new shooter it's a big plus. They didn't have much in the way of rentals available yesterday. Rented a Sig 229 9mm. Shot really easy, but for some reason I shot it low. Good groups, just about 3-4 inches below where I wanted them. Overall, I like the place.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I also went to the new Westfield indoor range yesterday - my first visit. As mentioned, watched the required video about gun safety. Gave them my driver's license and signed the waiver. We arrived at 12:30 (a friend and I) and were informed they were pretty busy but could put us on one of the "rifle" lanes. We were both shooting handguns, but without objecting, took our place on lane 14. 5 minutes into our shooting session the guy next to us with his AR15 ( i think ) started firing. The noise was very unnerving - I was even wearing both ear plugs and electronic muffs. The noise was bad enough that I stepped back from my shootng lane until my "neighbor" had to stop to reload. All the lanes were full with many lanes having multiple shooters. A lot of ladies there as well. We finished up around 1:45 and walked out through the double doors back into the "lobby." There must have been 20 people standing there waiing for a lane. We either were experiencing the after church crowd or the Kiwanis' bus just unloaded ! ? The tab for the two of us was $38 and change. That included 3 large shoot and see targets. We did pick up our brass and managed to pirate a few extra from the lane next to us left by guys who said they didn't reload. All of the brass that hits the ground is swept to the front of the lanes by an employee. He didn't object to us picking a few extra cases - but we chatted him up which probably helped. That, and the fact that he and I discovered we shared a common military background. Most of the folks there were very friendly and and we experienced a wide range of firearms being shot. Overall impression: friendly owners, clean facilities, and close proximity to home. The downside was the excessive noise from the rifle shooter(s) and the cold air that constantly blew from the ceiling vents. Would I go again ? Perhaps during the oppressive cold weather. Once the temp gets into the 40's I'll be able to shoot outdoors again. I suspect there are many folks that will follow that example.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Went to Tim's range today with a friend and only a couple other people there. We were there around 11:00. Nice clean and friendly place. I would go back and shoot again.

EddieV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Glad to have a safe indoor range nearby! Went to Tim's on Tuesday...no wait,very friendly guys, well lit and had the place (almost) to ourselves. Very convenient for me so I know I'll be back.

jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    I went by Tim's yesterday with my wife at 10. We had the place to ourselves. I was very impressed by the staff. They were very helpful. My wife is not a very expereinced shooter and they spent sometime giving her pointers (the same things I was telling her) to improve her grip. While the cost may be a higher than other ranges the distance from home/work out weighs the price for me. Living in Noblesvile I can be there in fifteen minutes. I am considering the yearly week day only pass as that is when I will be able to spend the most time at the range.
    I have been on INGO for about a year now and do not post very often, as I usually do not have a lot of input. I am still learning and appreciate everyones input and experience. Having lives in several other states I was shocked at the overall lack of private indoor ranges in the Indianapolis area.

Top Bottom