• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Reserved my new Iphone 3Gs today. I tried for about 8 times all day and had no luck. The bottom of the site said to go to the store, so I did. After entering the store I was mobbed ( as is usual there ) what they could help with. I told him I wanted to reserve the new 3Gs and he kindly showed me to a nearby laptop and said "Just use the website". I told him this had not worked and he tried it and sure enough the site was down. I have never seen an Apple site down... So long story short, he apologized for the issue and said I could just try later, also mentioning the fact that there had been no option to reserve it at the store. I had just driven from Brownsburg to the Apple store and felt like it was a complete waste... After driving home I walked in and tried the site once more. OF COURSE THIS TIME IT WAS UP AND WORKING>>> Anyone else have an issue like this??

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well you caused me to win a bet today if that makes you feel better. I bet the employees at my wifes store(AT&T) that people would be all over the i-phone regardless of what they DIDN'T add. just get yourself a 3g for $99 and save yourself the headache of them working out all of the bugs.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I thought about that but I am beating the hell out of the 2G I have had foe quite some time now. I look at my friends 3G and want the speed. I hate the idea of wasting my time looking at the screen waiting to view a page. It also takes ingo a while to load. It's time for me to change-up

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I have the 3G and was considering getting the new one if the specs were right, but for me an improved camera, and a slightly improved battery isn't worth it. I don't take a ton of pics on my phone, and the ones I do take come out good enough, and as far as battery life, I get a day+ on a single charge, and I plug it in every night.

If I were you I'd go for the original 3G and save yourself the $100.

PS: screw AT&T for messing up the MMS, and not being able to fix it till early fall. They should have just left the developers alone.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    To aclark, this thread aside, I just noticed the Jon Stewart quote in your signature and it blew me away... when did he say that, and was it to a guest?

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I love my iphone 3G and a new battery isnt enticing enough to change.

ATT 3G coverage sucks. I have gotten it in Indy/Greenwood, Evansville, and Louisville. That's it. I traveled all over Indiana/Kentucky/Tennessee.

I am not impressed with the 3G coverage at all. Where I get it - it's great.

dman424

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Well, Apple comes out with something new to oust all those who have faithfully bought the old product about every four months, so I just stick with what I've got, and don't waste all my energy buying the latest and greatest.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Oh it will be the day when Apple's contract with AT&T runs out and then the iphone can be used on a better network. Unfortunately for me I am still stuck with AT&T, honestly their customer service has blown away any other company I've been with. To include Sprint(who was completely horrible) and Verizon. But I would like to upgrade my crappy phone for a new one and I think the 3Gs will be it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I went at looked at a Palm Pre yesterday. I'm seriously considering one but I'm having a hard time justifying the cost. I'm currently on AT&T and I can't stand they way they nickle and dime you to death. I think ALL the carriers suck. The trick is finding the one that sucks the least.

Top Bottom