• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just looked them up on one of our distributors' web sites... MSRP $1719.99; "street" price would be $1529.95. :eek:
    Isn't that what this kind of stuff costs?
    "Starting with the Carbon Steel Frame and Slide that are hand lapped to an exacting fit for the owner who demands a precision firearm."

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    My police department issues this gun as a backup. I love it. I never shoot it except to qualify and despite shooting my glock 22 all the time my score with this ithaca is just as good and sometimes better. It just feels great in my hand. Ive never seen one for sale. We got them from the military. The guy said they have 1,000s. Must be nice.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    If you got your Ithaca 1911s from the military, they most likely date back to WWII and are not the same ones referenced in the OP (those are brand-new commercial production).

Well that stinks I was sort of hoping I could buy one identical to it.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    My police department issues this gun as a backup. I love it. I never shoot it except to qualify and despite shooting my glock 22 all the time my score with this ithaca is just as good and sometimes better. It just feels great in my hand. Ive never seen one for sale. We got them from the military. The guy said they have 1,000s. Must be nice.

If you got your Ithaca 1911s from the military, they most likely date back to WWII and are not the same ones referenced in the OP (those are brand-new commercial production).

I sure hope this is the case. To me, spending $1500 on a backup pistol seems like the wrong way to be spending taxpayer money.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Right, the only thing this "Ithaca" has in common with the old "Ithaca" is the name. "Ithaca" has suffered a bumpy road in the last 30 some years.

Kinda like "Hi Standard". Or "Springfield Armory." ;)

They ain't as good as they once was...

The 1911 gurus over on GT seem to be pretty pumped about this pistol.

Not what they once was, perhaps, but the newest iteration of the company is making some darned fine products. AND if you have an old Ithaca shotgun that could use a re-blue? You can have them do it and restore it to factory-new spec. Ever see a pristine blue job on a M-37 featherlight or deerslayer? Hubba hubba!

-J-

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    I like ithica guns but never had a ithica 1911. I didn't know till a couple of years ago that they made 1911s for ww2 . One off our truck driver said he had one. I had to look it up before I believe him. I would love to have one. Sorry I misspelled ithaca

Last edited:
    Top Bottom