• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I just purchased a new Kahr CW9 for better concealed carry:rockwoot: It is my first Kahr pistol and I know that they have a great following. Now, I need some new mags to go with it. Does anyone know where I can get some mags for my new pistol at a good price? Also, anyone who owns the CW9 have any opinions good or bad about them so far?

Thanks

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Their mags aren't cheap...

Here might be a couple options cheaper than ordering from them direct.

Click here: Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

Click here: http://www.oneclickshooting.com/products.asp?cat=807

My wife bought one. Nice smaller gun. I would consider taking a very fine grit sandpaper to the back of the grip and tone it down a bit though... If you try to break that kahr in during the first range session, that rough texture might leave your hand a little sore. Other than that, great choice !

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    Great choice! Two of my friends carry the CW9 and love it!
    I've personally shot it and couldn't say a bad thing about it.

I own a PM9 myself. Kahr is quality.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Great choice for CCW! Get a slip on grip [Hogue, Pachmayr]. Be sure to fire at least 200 rds for initial break in per owners manual. Then, find a good defensive ammo and make sure it's reliable. You won't find a better CCW than a Kahr when everything is factored in.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Glad to hear all the good news about the Kahr. I am going to it from my bigger XD9 for summer carry. If it works out like I hope then it will be my year round carry. The mags for the CW9 are salty though:spend:

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    I just purchased a new Kahr CW9 for better concealed carry:rockwoot: It is my first Kahr pistol and I know that they have a great following. Now, I need some new mags to go with it. Does anyone know where I can get some mags for my new pistol at a good price? Also, anyone who owns the CW9 have any opinions good or bad about them so far?

Thanks

I bought one thinking it would be for my wife, but she could not pull the slide. It has a real strong slide spring. Therefore, it became my ccw pistol, and I bought her a revover. It is a good piece at a good price. It is light to carry, has a longer grip than most at a similar size. It should serve you well after your 200 round break in period. Good idea to get a 2nd magazine. The spring on the magazine is pretty strong. At the range, it will wear you out reloading it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you're going to spend ~$450 on a handgun that you'll carry, presumably one that you may have to defend your life with...

Please, don't buy a danged Uncle Mike's holster with which to carry it often. As a stop-gap measure, sure.

But your life is worth more than a cheap $13.00 holster.

I used to own a CW-40. I carried it in a HighNoon Holster Split Decision model. This holster is also inexpensive (still under $40), but it's NOT cheap. Very well made. The only draw back is that it doesn't have a reinforced mouth. You can't re-holster with one hand which may be necessary...especially in training classes and practice at home.

-J-

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I bought my extra mag and leather Bianchi holster for my CW9 from 21st Century Firearms in Bluffton. Neither broke the bank.

The holster is for a 1911 and fits perfectly.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Get the Hogue Jr. sleeve and put it on upside down. Otherwise the rib will squeeze you finger into the trigger guard. That also takes care of the aggresive texturing on the grip.

Two very good OWB holsters are Hume's 721 OT and JIT Slide. The 721 fully protects the pistol from skin contact and the JIT is a minimal holster for when you are wearing a shirt between you and the pistol.

The CW9 is just a great CC pistol.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Appreciate all of the info! I prefer to carry IWB and want a holster that is solid without a doubt. I carry my XD in a minotaur and like it but there seems to be a long wait on those and crossbreeds. If possible I want something along those lines.

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    Just for the record. The Uncle Mike's holster is not cheap! It is made very well and is durable. It is inexpensive! Check it out, I think you will agree.

If you were drawing your gun every day like a cop, then maybe so. But to each his own. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom