• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Took it to the range today. I'd heard accuracy on these is hit and miss, so I wanted to check that out first. I mounted a scope on it, but I couldn't get on paper from the 50 yard minimum at the particular range I was on. So, I had to shoot with the iron sights. I'm only okay with iron sights, 58 year old eyes with astigmatism.

I was getting a little over 1" groups at 50 yards, and 2.25" groups at 100 with the iron sights. Incidentally I also took my super accurate CZ 452 with a long sight radius and was getting about the same, which indicates that when I do get a scope on the SU16 it's going to be a shooter.

The other cool thing is that I happened to take some old reloads I have, and the rifle liked those better than the factory ammo I was using. With those it was shooting just under an inch at 50 yards. Kind of convenient to luck out with a load and not have to experiment.

Really happy with the rifle. So damned light and the folding option is really nice for a truck gun.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I liked them from when they came out.. I have heard they are very accurate for what they are. Have heard some are MOA, to sub MOA.....My 59 year old eyes would have a hard time doing that. (If they came out with one in .7.62x39....I would buy it in a heart beat.....) A guy at the National gun day in Louisville, had one he was asking $600 for it, didn't have that much cash....You don't see them for resale much....

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I liked them from when they came out.. I have heard they are very accurate for what they are. Have heard some are MOA, to sub MOA.....My 59 year old eyes would have a hard time doing that. (If they came out with one in .7.62x39....I would buy it in a heart beat.....) A guy at the National gun day in Louisville, had one he was asking $600 for it, didn't have that much cash....You don't see them for resale much....
    I've ordered a Vortex 3X prism sight. I'll let you know what groups I get with it.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    I love my Kel Tec Sub 2000 G2. Surprised the s**t out of me for accuracy at 50-75 yards with IS's. Had heard could be finicky with what mags it likes but ran flawlessly from round one day one using both Glock OEM and Magpull Pmags 17, and 33 round.
    I ran mixed mags of Winchester, Remington, Herters, Blazer, Federal, Fiocchi, essentually every maker of 9mm 115, 124 and 147 grain FMJ and HP's from Federal, Speer, Sig, Hornady along with my 115 and 124 FMJ reloads and well over 500 rounds later no issues at all.
    Always wanted to buy a Su16 but by the time I decided to they cost so close to a another DIY AR build I went that way instead. Really wish I had not now. The Sub 2000 G2 is my vacation and back pack gun.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I love my Kel Tec Sub 2000 G2. Surprised the s**t out of me for accuracy at 50-75 yards with IS's. Had heard could be finicky with what mags it likes but ran flawlessly from round one day one using both Glock OEM and Magpull Pmags 17, and 33 round.
    I ran mixed mags of Winchester, Remington, Herters, Blazer, Federal, Fiocchi, essentually every maker of 9mm 115, 124 and 147 grain FMJ and HP's from Federal, Speer, Sig, Hornady along with my 115 and 124 FMJ reloads and well over 500 rounds later no issues at all.
    Always wanted to buy a Su16 but by the time I decided to they cost so close to a another DIY AR build I went that way instead. Really wish I had not now. The Sub 2000 G2 is my vacation and back pack gun.
    I'm planning on putting my SU16 in a tennis bag with 10 round magazines, one with varmint rounds, one with soft points, and one with FMJ. Then also a 30 round mag with FMJ for defense. I'll keep all the tools and everything needed for it and have it with me in my truck all the time.

The main thing I love about it besides that it folds, is how light it is. It's 4.5lbs now, it will be a hair over 5lbs with the scope. Can't find an AR like that. Also, it's nice to have one rifle in 223 that doesn't have pistol grips and foregrips sticking out everywhere.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    The SU-16A and B versions are unique and quite fun. The factory mags suck, but just use standard PMAGS and they function great. The A and B versions have been considered as non-AWB's in more restricted states like New York. The debate is whether the folding stock on the SU-16 is considered a banned feature in such states. The SU-16 is not operable in the folding position, but the fact is that it "folds" and may not matter. The bad news is that the SU-16 was specifically listed on the House version of the 2019 AWB, which is unfortunate.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Yeah, I messed up, I had a Sub 2000 with a red dot, and extra mags, got trading fever love the trade, but ........going on vacation soon, and only have full sized rifles to take.....If I'd only waited......

Top Bottom