• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    so this was on blade forums, and i've been trying to find something in the interwebz, kershaws saying thet they are going to have a "automatic attraction" at the shot show? i have a breakout that an awesome little switchblade and was a hellofa price!

anybody going to shot 2015? i'd love to see a pic, and know a price point, i only have 3 or 4 kershaws...but if its a good of a buy as a breakout, i might own another!

Brad????? hear anything?????

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    so this was on blade forums, and i've been trying to find something in the interwebz, kershaws saying thet they are going to have a "automatic attraction" at the shot show? i have a breakout that an awesome little switchblade and was a hellofa price!

anybody going to shot 2015? i'd love to see a pic, and know a price point, i only have 3 or 4 kershaws...but if its a good of a buy as a breakout, i might own another!

Brad????? hear anything?????

I have heard rumors, but have not been able to verify anything, but if Kershaw is making the statement "automatic attraction". it looks like it might be true. I do know for fact that Buck knives is actually coming out with an auto knife this year. Remember that, currently the Buck 110, 112 models that are auto are being converted after they leave the Buck factory. I have seen pictures of the Buck auto...it has the tactical look, nothing like the 110 112 models.

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I have heard rumors, but have not been able to verify anything, but if Kershaw is making the statement "automatic attraction". it looks like it might be true. I do know for fact that Buck knives is actually coming out with an auto knife this year. Remember that, currently the Buck 110, 112 models that are auto are being converted after they leave the Buck factor. I have seen pictures of the Buck auto...it has the tactical look, nothing like the 110 112 models.

i saw a pic of the buck 898, msrp is 220.00!, i have a buck 590 titanium that was converted by cmk/ek and says 'prototype" its nice and was a gift from my dad, but i dont think that i'd pay 200.00 for a buck auto.

brad im sure you'll see the kershaw before i do, please post a pic as soon as you can
    thanks

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    i saw a pic of the buck 898, msrp is 220.00!, i have a buck 590 titanium that was converted by cmk/ek and says 'prototype" its nice and was a gift from my dad, but i dont think that i'd pay 200.00 for a buck auto.

brad im sure you'll see the kershaw before i do, please post a pic as soon as you can
    thanks

With the MSRP being $220.00, more than likely you will be able to buy them in the $135 to $150 range which isn't bad considering the blade is S30V, the handles are 6061- T6 aircraft aluminum. The verdict is still out on the opening mechanism. My understanding is you will have to slide the button to fire the blade instead of pushing a button. If Buck got that right to where it feels good and positive, it may well be a very good auto for that price point. :twocents:

I'll post pics of the Kershaw auto as soon as I get them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    acb.jpg

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I want to see them Saturday. If they have "fallen off the back of a truck", just don't tell me. Bring them and take my money or I shall be forced to give you more money.

You don't have to worry about parting with any money for the Buck 898 auto. Buck just recently announce that this was a new model for this year, and they have not even been released yet. Now, on the other hand, if you happen to see something at my tables that you like/ want, I can't guarantee that you won't be parting with some money. :)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Kershaw Knives Gallery | Kershaw Knives

called "launch 1 2 and 3" nice price point(msrp 139-159), but im not impressed :dunno:, guite frankly, i expected more! the other kershaw autos were cooler looking than these, idk maybe it'll grow on me...

:dunno:
    I kind of like the looks, and with the price point it will allow people that don't want to spend money on a Benchmade, Protech, Microtech......etc., to get into an American made auto with decent quality.

shootersix.......Thanks for posting the link.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I'm interested in one after seeing them, I think the launch one is not bad looking for the expected street cost it should come in at. I've never owned an auto as I would not spend big bucks on something I'm not sure I'd like or enjoy. For these street prices I'll get one, I like Kershaw just fine for an edc knife.

Brad, you see/hear anything else especially exciting from shot seen free to share!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'm interested in one after seeing them, I think the launch one is not bad looking for the expected street cost it should come in at. I've never owned an auto as I would not spend big bucks on something I'm not sure I'd like or enjoy. For these street prices I'll get one, I like Kershaw just fine for an edc knife.

Brad, you see/hear anything else especially exciting from shot seen free to share!

The one thing that I'm hearing and seeing coming from Shot that excites me is, Strider has teamed up with Protech to make an auto knife. There are several pictures on IG (Instagram), and the knife has the SNG/SMF style with a firing button.........should be an awesome knife at a reasonable price since Protech is making it.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    The one thing that I'm hearing and seeing coming from Shot that excites me is, Strider has teamed up with Protech to make an auto knife. There are several pictures on IG (Instagram), and the knife has the SNG/SMF style with a firing button.........should be an awesome knife at a reasonable price since Protech is making it.

I can't wait to get my hands on one, I was drooling when I saw that pic Josh posted! :drool:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

what do you think the street price will be on that one?
    and i've taken a longer look at the launch 1, its growing on me,(a little)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    what do you think the street price will be on that one?
    and i've taken a longer look at the launch 1, its growing on me,(a little)

If Protech uses the same materials that they normally do, and there is nothing else that I'm not seeing that would increase the price, I would guess these will be at $200 or less for the basic model. They will probably offer some models down the road with inserts and other bells and whistles that will increase the price on those models. Protech did this with their Emerson collaborated models. I would think they would go the same direction with the Strider collaborated models as they did with the Emerson collaborated models. :twocents:

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Now if only I was not left handed making the button in the wrong spot on most autos. Then again, I usually carry in my right pocket but I think I do that as that seems to be how most knives are designed to work.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    There is now a YouTube video up about these Kershaw autos, and one site has preorder street prices up, all three are priced under $100.

I don't own an auto, so I definitely see a Launch 1 in my future. I wonder how long it will take for them to hit the street?

Top Bottom