• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poolman1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    benchmade coldsteel kbar casexx buss all good knives. you do get what u pay for have alot of them for sale or trade let know if you would like to see some and price range can text pics

Sa527

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    If you are willing to spend $150 you might want to look at the Fallkniven S1 or F1. Very nice knives.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I will put a Becker BK2 against anything anyone else comes up with. And you can get 2 Becker BK2's for the price of an ESEE 5 or 6. There are tons of youtube videos on the Becker BK2. And I know Knifelady sells them. They are by far the best value in blades.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    I really like the Cold Steel SRK. It's not crazy expensive and it can take a beating like no other. The new "Battle Blades" are pretty nice for combat and tactical use, but their only 3.5-4 inch blades.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I will put a Becker BK2 against anything anyone else comes up with. And you can get 2 Becker BK2's for the price of an ESEE 5 or 6. There are tons of youtube videos on the Becker BK2. And I know Knifelady sells them. They are by far the best value in blades.

I agree Becker is a great blade for the money however you get a lot of upgrades for the extra money on esee and other blades. The biggest being the warranty. A couple other things are nice micarta handles and a solid kydex sheath. So if you add in the cost of the micarta upgraded handles on the Becker and a good kydex sheath they are a lot closer in price but esee still has that 100 percent no question asked warranty.

Now if your truly on a budget. Get the Becker and upgrade as money becomes available.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the ESEE's, but the sheath that comes with the BK2 is amazing the way it is. Besides when SHTF warranties won't matter anyway because you won't be able to send things in for warranty repair or replacement.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    the sheath the bk2 comes with is an ok sheath but it's injection molded plastic and will break very easily. nothing like kydex. if were talking SHTF then I would go with something with a harder steel anyways so you can get some better edge retention and usually the companies who offer the no questions asked warranties for the blades make some of the toughest stuff around, if they didn't they would be out of business from stuff breaking.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with beckers, they are good blade for the money, I own a few but the esee knives come with better stuff and a better warranty. just in case when your actually out using and abusing your knife, training for shtf , if your knife does fail your not SOL :)

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Isn't Becker lifetime, like Esee? Even if you do manage to do something stupid like chop concrete with it or use a metal baton?

they don't specify it but they do have a good warranty, but If they think the blade was abused they don't have to warranty it (at least how I understand it) though it has yet to happen. where as esee, busse, swamp rat, scrap yard clearly says they don't give a crap what you do if it breaks they will fix it or replace it.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I like the glock knives....the only glock product that wont blow up in your face when you use it...seriously ...bought one and cant wait to get another one with the saw on it...for 35 bucks it is a good value imo

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I have used alot of glock products from guns to knives and all of them work good and not a one blew up. The only thing with the glock knives is they are not vary good for chopping.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Isn't Becker lifetime, like Esee? Even if you do manage to do something stupid like chop concrete with it or use a metal baton?

No the warranty with Becker is not the same as no question asked like with ESEE. Lifetime does not always mean no matter what you do to it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No the warranty with Becker is not the same as no question asked like with ESEE. Lifetime does not always mean no matter what you do to it.

That may be true , but in practice if a Becker product doesn't perform to reasonable expectations, Ethan Becker will often go out of his way to make it right. I know this because I posted a comment about a Becker Necker from the early Ka-Bar runs on bladeforums.com. I wasn't addressing it to anyone in particular and it was more of an observation than a complaint. Within a few hours, Ethan had contacted me by email, followed by a couple of phone calls, followed by contact with the chief engineer at Ka-Bar. I sent them the knife, they tested it (which was destructive), and found the knife to be within their specs. Then they sent me a brand new Necker along with some positive comments about my sharpening skills based on the knife I send to them. I've never experienced customer service like that!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    That may be true , but in practice if a Becker product doesn't perform to reasonable expectations, Ethan Becker will often go out of his way to make it right. I know this because I posted a comment about a Becker Necker from the early Ka-Bar runs on bladeforums.com. I wasn't addressing it to anyone in particular and it was more of an observation than a complaint. Within a few hours, Ethan had contacted me by email, followed by a couple of phone calls, followed by contact with the chief engineer at Ka-Bar. I sent them the knife, they tested it (which was destructive), and found the knife to be within their specs. Then they sent me a brand new Necker along with some positive comments about my sharpening skills based on the knife I send to them. I've never experienced customer service like that!

Ethan Becker is one of the best and respected knife makers in the business. Since Kabar makes most of their knives and since I deal with Kabar I can tell you this was done at Ethan Beckers request and his request only. KaBar had to examine the knife proir to its replacement.
    There is the difference in the warranties between Kabar/Becker and ESEE.
    ESEE only requires for the knife to be made by Rowen and they will replace the knife with no questions asked nor do they run a test on the knife.

Ethan Becker is a great guy.:yesway:

Top Bottom