• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Well I don't have it in my possession, but I will by Fall hopefully...

Hoping there are some MAC guys on here to point me in the right direction.

It was a semi-impulse buy and I have done some research, but still have some questions. It is a Military Armament Corp M10 is .45acp.
    It came with a Lage 45 upper, Lage grip, Lage foregrip, Lage folding stock, 1 mag, and a Bowers suppressor.

From what I have read, the 45 can be converted to 9mm, so I would like to purchase a 9mm upper and magwell adapter for it. Is it as easy as just swapping the uppers and sliding in a maxwell adapter? Is Lage the only game left in town still making these? If not, who/where is a good source for uppers and parts? Would love to have a 22r upper for it as well, but looks like nobody is making them anymore.

Good source for mags?

Thanks!

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I just sent in the paperwork for my MAC 10/45 in the end of October. It came with the Lage MK2 45 upper, Lage Grip, Lage AR stock adapter & stock, Alliance Armament 9mm upper and lots of mags for both. With the Lage grip you should be able to use standard grease gun mags and I believe they can found relatively cheap.

The Alliance Armament upper uses Suomi drums and stick mags. The mags are inserted directly in the upper rather than using the stock magwell. From some of the reading I did prior to the purchase, I think you're correct about just needing the upper and magwell adapter to convert to a 9mm Lage.

Alliance Armament is now out of business so I believe Lage is the player for aftermarket parts these days.

For more information I was directed to the Uzi Talk forum that has a MAC specific subforum.

I'm currently researching what would be a good can for it at the moment. I don't want to hijack your thread so if you had the opportunity to shoot it with the Bowers suppressor before it went to jail, I'd appreciate if you could PM me about how it was or if you find any other interesting MAC 10/45 info that would be good for a new owner as well. Thanks!

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Thanks for the info. Like you, I have found that most of these companies that made conversions, etc, have went out of business.

I did end up getting on the waitlist for a Lage 9mm upper. The website says 4-5 months, but I have read that the wait is 8-12 months.

I did not get to shoot it with the Bowers can, but I was able to see video of it running with and without the can. It sounded pretty dang quiet with the suppressor attached, but that was just video, so who knows. I would love to see an Omega 45k come out with similar specs in size to the Omega 9k.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Well that was quick. The Lage 9mm upper I ordered 4+ weeks ago is ready.

Anyone have a good source for the magwell adapter and 9mm mags that will work with the Lage?

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I'd do an Uzi conversion but call practical solutions to get advice on how to proceed. I have one of my macs converted to Uzi. Cheap plentiful mags.

you will want lots of mags because you will soon find out it just begins to get fun at 500 rounds. No time for reloading. You will be too busy grinning. Even with a the lage upper they burn threw ammo like nothing.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I'd do an Uzi conversion but call practical solutions to get advice on how to proceed. I have one of my macs converted to Uzi. Cheap plentiful mags.

you will want lots of mags because you will soon find out it just begins to get fun at 500 rounds. No time for reloading. You will be too busy grinning. Even with a the lage upper they burn threw ammo like nothing.

Isn't the uzi conversion a permanent conversion? I'd like to keep it stock, so that I can run my Lage 45 upper as well.

I found the magwell adapter i need on usmachinegun.com.

Now I need to figure out what mags I will be using so that I know to get the single or double feed bolt with the 9mm upper.

100 bullets

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Georgia
    Allaince Armament also made Sabre uppers while they were still in business, it uses ar15/m16 magazines. So you have a rifle conversion out there. Only chance to get one is the used market and they sold for $2500, you'd probably end up paying more than that if you found someone to sell theirs

geolemer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    A guy from Freedom is on UziTalk and basically said absolutely no chance of an upper for the MAC family.

Darren
    Today he was asking for opinions of Mac owners on the Mac-10talk section. It would be worth getting your two cents in.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Not sure I would use them, I heard they took money for uppers and never delivered, thanks for the info

not sure of that, I now that mag tactical bought alliance, and now mag is closed(open only to clear out the inventory of lowers), the only bad thing that I know of alliance doing was screwing dealers by undercutting their prices to customers(I know they made a 45 round drum mag for walther p22's they sold them to gun shops for a certain price, then started selling them online to anyone, for lower than they sold them to the gun shops, and wouldn't refund the difference or give credit to the shops!)

Is that confirmed? The former Alliance Armament guys are the one who started Freedom Ordnance?

yes by the employee who came into the shop trying to get us to sell the 9mm belt fed upper, said that they were the former owners of alliance, and were not associated with mag tactical anymore

Top Bottom