• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    1) not really; our Classifieds section is very active.

2) even if it did, so what? The primary purpose of INGO is to facilitate information exchange and fellowship among hoosier gun owners, not to be a Craig's List for guns.

Maybe, but see item 2) above. Also, the lower post count requirement saw TONS of people just sign up, post 10 "one-liners" and start hawking their stuff, rather than actually participating in the forums and seeing what INGO was all about. The post count requirement was upped to 50 to discourage this, and for the most part it has worked. Participation is up, Mod workload is down, and the Classifieds are still bumpin'. It's a win-win-win.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, but we've been there, done that, and aren't going back. :ingo:

Thank you! When I joined a mere 6 months ago, the minimum post count to participate in the classifieds was but 10 posts.

I was at 10 posts in less than a week, and never looked back. I think I made my first transaction on the classifieds when I was at about 20 posts, and I've made about 3 transactions since.

I think the 50 post minimum is entirely reasonable, and maybe low.

As stated earlier, this is an information/chat room FIRST, everything after that, is icing on the cake.

I get MUCH, MUCH more out of the forums than I do from the classifieds!

Some folks just can't see the forest for the trees!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I am new to gun ownership and new to INGO. I can't wait for the day that I have enough knowledge to go from asking questions to answering questions!

It's a transition, and even then there will always be more questions to ask. I bought my first gun a year ago. After some time, I became more knowledgeable on my specific guns and some other limited topics and was able to help the "newbies" on those topics. It just extends with time. :twocents:

Top Bottom