Not open for further replies.

swanny70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2015
    Goshen
    Hello,
    I just joined this site and I want to say hello, I am just a light hobbiest to the gun world but I am thinking about getting either a AR-15 or AK-47 before they make them illegal, so I would love some of you to tell me which gun you like better and why? Thanks

Swanny70

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO, swanny.

Both the AKs and ARs have their fans. Some own both. There are advantages and disadvantages to either and some own both. I'd look around in the "Long Guns" section for info on both. If you ask there, you will get an overwhelming amount of input. :)

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Welcome from Hobart. You need to get your hands on both rifles and see which or both feels good to you so you can try before you make the purchase(s).

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Greetings from Westville! Both guns are excellent machines...
    Whatever your choice, know that your firearm will only be as safe as you are. You've come to the right place to learn! Welcome aboard.

swanny70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2015
    Goshen
    Hey Pudly, thank you for the helpful advice! I was not sure where to even look or start but now I am looking forward to seeing this "Long Guns" section.

Thanks again!

Swanny

swanny70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2015
    Goshen
    Thanks trucker777,

I am from the northern part of the state, any suggestions on any ranges up here that allows shooters to use AK or AR rifles?
    I now that there are shooting ranges close by but I am not sure if they allow long guns or bigger weapons?

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Thanks trucker777,

I am from the northern part of the state, any suggestions on any ranges up here that allows shooters to use AK or AR rifles?
    I now that there are shooting ranges close by but I am not sure if they allow long guns or bigger weapons?

I frequent Kingsbury, as it is only a 15 min. drive from me. There is also Jasper Pulaski. Both will allow you to shoot large caliber rifles up to 100yrds.(except Kingsbury banned the .50 Barretts)....I don't really know of anything west of Valpo.

Also Winnemac, that is where NW Ingo m&s are held.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom