• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    I can't confirm this myself, but I recently heard that the Elkhart store had to close do to safety issues. Some of the larger calibers allowed were not being contained.
    Every time I went there, I would walk carefully round the back to marvel at all the exit holes through the sheet metal.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Every time I went there, I would walk carefully round the back to marvel at all the exit holes through the sheet metal.
    A fair number of those holes were from previous owners. Shooters was one that I remember being in there before Midwest purchased it. I think Midwest upgraded the backstop when Brad bought it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A fair number of those holes were from previous owners. Shooters was one that I remember being in there before Midwest purchased it. I think Midwest upgraded the backstop when Brad bought it.
    Midwest was the third owners. I don't remember if Shooters was first or second. The other name escapes me. Something like International Shooting Academy?????

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    In my conversations with an individual who works at the warehouse, I've been under the impression that the closing was due to lack of inventory and the ability to obtain ammo. I thought that made sense since they didn't have enough to keep the Mishawaka store filled. My contact also said that there has been inquiries into purchasing the Elkhart facility for a reopening, but those were rejected. Pretty sure it was a good offer since this individual used to be employed there and is pretty well known trainer in this area.

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    After shooters it was purchased and renamed Michiana Firearms Academy. Got to know the old man who ran it for the investors I think he was a retired cobler or something. I seen some frightening things in there back then hanging out there.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Anyone know any updates on the Mishawaka Shoot Point Blank? Any construction going on?
    Website lists the location with Coming Soon...

djay7677

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2022
    Mishawaka IN
    Anyone know any updates on the Mishawaka Shoot Point Blank? Any construction going on?
    Website lists the location with Coming Soon...
    I drove by on Monday. The concrete block shell is up but they still have no glass so I'm assuming the inside probably hasn't been started on very much. I would guess/hope maybe by March or April they can open.

Top Bottom