• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    via Sean Shepard on Facebook comes a trailer for a new documentary, "Waiting For Superman". I'm not usually one for most documentaries, but this one looks like it'll be worth a watch. The so-called educational system in this country has been broken for years and continues to get worse, (even good school systems, like the one's we have in my area) have some issues. If Indiana were to open up the market for education and attach the dollars to the kids, rather than to the schools we'd jump ahead like nothing we've ever seen. Good private schools would proliferate and bad government schools would fall by the wayside and die. It's time to separate the state and schools. Let parents have their money back so they can see to it that their kids get the education they deserve.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKTfaro96dg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Waiting for Superman Official Trailer[/ame]

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Unfortunately we have to change our Constitution.

However, changing the state constitution FOR less government and more freedom is something I can get behind.:D

Now Kirk, the biggest single profession of our legislators is public school teacher. How likely is it that our state Constitution will be amended for that proposal?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Looks like this movie comes out soon in select theaters.

I am wondering what kind of slant it will have. It is made by the same producers of Al Gore's global warming movie.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Educational system is screwed, and it's pretty freakin sad when 3rd world nations compete in a higher standard tha America in Education.

I put the blame on

1). The Family Unit, too much relience on Big Gov to grow little Johnny and Suzy Q up on defective standards.
    2). The Teachers.... Most Teachers give a hoot about themselves, and not the people they are entrusted to better.
    3). Liberal PC agendas.

I think alot of issues may also reside the with Social influences on kids, and the promotion of vices, instead of good values.

Euro Nation throw less money at schools than America and produce highly intelligent children, that make our American kids appear borderline retarded in IQ.

NO EXECUSE FOR THIS!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The education/industrial complex is just like all the other public/private cabals. Follow the money.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom