• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I promised Jetgirl I'd post a pic of my latest 1911 when I picked it up last night. Well, here she is:

2012-08-10100630.jpg

1944 Remington Rand. All original and in excellent shape. I purchased it from the son of the man who carried it in France and Germany durring WW2. He included documentation and pictures with the weapon. I cleaned her up last night and re-sprung it. I'm pretty sure all but the recoil spring were original.

I've got a 1918 1911 Colt that this goes really nice with. I'll try and ge some "family" pics tonight. I've got over a dozen 1911's. Only two aren't Colts. This one and a Springer TRP Operator. Anyway, enjoy and I promise I'll get more pics up tonight.

ETA - the shiny spots are just excess Froglube.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the new gun. It's always nice to see a piece of history passed into the hands of someone that appreciates what it is. Sounds like the gun will do well in your stewardship.

Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Here's an old pic of the 1918:

1cedf71b.jpg

Unfortunatly it's been re-blued and the "United States Property" was taken off along with cutting off the lanyard loop. It is all matching, but not a pristine example. Still, it's a vet and deserves a good home.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Such a classic. Thanks for sharing. I'd be curious to know how you can across the gent who was selling it. Someone you knew, friend of a friend, random encounter...?

I would absolutely love to have that exact same purchase experience.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Deal!
    Although I must say...my offerings of toys to share pales in comparison to yours.
    Oh well...at least I get to get my grimy monkey paws on your stuff before you do.
    </evil laugh>
    Devil_Laugh.gif

Top Bottom