• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh and DD did you see the cost of a spare Ortgies magazines in the day.. 2.00 each, now I know you were thought that the new ones today cost alot at 39 dollars.. But in the day that means that magazine cost about 30 dollars in today's money, not that far difference in price.. So I guess magazines were always a bit salty.

But here is the best part, Ortgies would cost you in the day about 220 dollars in today's money.. Heck that is not far off what alot of them still bring.. (Well unless some guy get buck fever and go nuts with online bidding)

Original magazines are a heck of a lot more than $30 (or $39) from what I've seen. Repros are $39-ish. And apparently I overpaid for the pistol, but I haven't seen any go for less than $250 or so. I'm still happy. :)

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Original magazines are a heck of a lot more than $30 (or $39) from what I've seen. Repros are $39-ish. And apparently I overpaid for the pistol, but I haven't seen any go for less than $250 or so. I'm still happy. :)

Gee look at the word before 220 "about".. everyone and I mean everyone knows that "about" in front of a dollar amount can mean 40 to 80 dollars... "Around" before a dollar amount means 10 to 40 dollars.. Seriously look at history on GB and a few have sold in the 250 range, have seen a few at shows in the 250 range.. But they are harder to fine...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Gee look at the word before 220 "about".. everyone and I mean everyone knows that "about" in front of a dollar amount can mean 40 to 80 dollars... "Around" before a dollar amount means 10 to 40 dollars.. Seriously look at history on GB and a few have sold in the 250 range, have seen a few at shows in the 250 range.. But they are harder to fine...

Oh yeah, Mr. Smarty Pants? Then what's "purt near" mean?? :p

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Now this is Boss a pistol pocketbook for your Ortgie

https://wwiigimilitarysurplus.com/shop.php?p=d|eej|GM1852||&discode=

21675.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I used to have a little .32 collection which included an Ortgies. Trying to remember which ones I had. I know there was an FN 1922 which was a really fun gun. Those .32s are a blast.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Not sure I want a holster that looks like granny's coin purse. :):

Geez.. I bring you lemon aid and you make it in to lemons.. This is either some high brow early Metrosexual European fashion that we are still not ready for.. Or this shows that Ortgies were meant for grannies to pack also..

I can see an older lady at the store.. Here sonny hold my pistol because I know I have 25 more cents in here somewhere..

Top Bottom