• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I found out today that Chase has just initiated an online payment system similar to PayPal. It can be found at www.chase.com/quickpay

I am always looking for a replacement for PayPal so I will try it out.

Buckaroo

Thanks for the info Buckaroo but Chase Quickpay is not the same as PayPal. I hate PayPal but I have yet to find another service that is similar for biz transactions. What do I mean?

As a biz owner when people buy items from my website they want to pay with credit card (most of the time). In order to do that you either have to have a credit card merchant account (cost money monthly) or go with a third-party provider (such as PayPal).

The Chase QuickPay does not have a credit card componet.

Is Chase QuickPay FREE? Yes. You can use Chase QuickPay to send and receive money at no charge. Do I need to be a Chase customer? No. As long as you have a valid e-mail address, you can create a Chase QuickPay profile to send and receive money. Simply register your Chase checking account or a checking or savings account you have with any other U.S. bank and send money to your recipient. We'll coordinate the direct transfer between banks–without any cost to you.

Note: If you're using a non-Chase checking account for Chase QuickPay, you won't be able to accept payments from other users who also want to send and receive funds using non-Chase accounts. At least one of the accounts in the requested payment (either the sender or the recipient) must be a Chase checking account

It's merely an e-form of transferring money from one checking account (buyer) to another (seller). Not everyone (yet) is up to the idea of linking their checking/savings account to something online. Thus why many poeple still use a CC online since there is the limited liability issues. Qith QuicPay you lose that. If someone hacks into your account you could lose all your $$$$ unless the QuickPay has some sort of protection (which I did not see/read).

Last edited:

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    OK, Your States Drivers License is a recognized form of State ID.
    Your LTCH is not a recognized form to use as an ID.
    Yes it is. It is a facially valid piece of I.D. that is supposed to be recognized anywhere. We've had this argument before.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Thanks for the info Buckaroo but Chase Quickpay is not the same as PayPal. I hate PayPal but I have yet to find another service that is similar for biz transactions. What do I mean?

As a biz owner when people buy items from my website they want to pay with credit card (most of the time). In order to do that you either have to have a credit card merchant account (cost money monthly) or go with a third-party provider (such as PayPal).

The Chase QuickPay does not have a credit card componet.

It's merely an e-form of transferring money from one checking account (buyer) to another (seller). Not everyone (yet) is up to the idea of linking their checking/savings account to something online. Thus why many poeple still use a CC online since there is the limited liability issues. Qith QuicPay you lose that. If someone hacks into your account you could lose all your $$$$ unless the QuickPay has some sort of protection (which I did not see/read).

Good clarification Jediagh, I avoid using PayPal to pay for things when I can send a check or MO.

Guys can we please drop the LTCH is/isn't a valid ID. I suggest that you start your own thread if you feel a need to continue the conversation.

Buckaroo

g-lock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    What is required to send money through Chase quickpay? Can a person send funds from an external bank account to another without having a Chase account?

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    J.P. Morgan Chase bank have funded ACORN with over 5 million dollars since 2001. Not counting the other monies to the other blanket corporations and unions under the ACORN tree.

Top Bottom