• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I finally rounded out my Glock 9mm collection this week when I picked up a G34. Assuming I won't ever be able to own a Glock 18, I've now got all the 9mm models.

I am now trying to figure out what direction to go for my next handgun collection.

#1. Only interested in 9mm or .45ACP guns.
    #2. Not into revolvers
    #3. Already own a 1911

So...I am considering going with Glocks again in .45ACP. But also considering S&W M&P (9mm or .45), XD (9mm or .45) or even Beretta M9s or Kahrs.

What say you, INGO?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    weren't you recently asking about getting started in competition? If so, dont spend more $ on guns you don't need. Buy a dillon 550 or 650 and lots of bullets/primers/etc. spend all other $ on match fees, competition gear.

:)

-rvb

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    how about all the different generations of Glock 9mm??
    Gen 1 17's are pretty neat, and ther's the elusive Gen 2.5 (railed, but no finger groves).

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    or revolvers!!! (Yes, i saw that you're not into them -- but have you tried them lately?)
    They might grow on you - u can even get em iN 9mm or .45acp (s&w 929 and 625, respectively )

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    weren't you recently asking about getting started in competition? If so, dont spend more $ on guns you don't need. Buy a dillon 550 or 650 and lots of bullets/primers/etc. spend all other $ on match fees, competition gear.

:)

-rvb

Wait!?!...there are such things as guns I don't need???

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No overall collection can't be complete without having a ridiculously useless large cartridge pistol collection. I'd start with a Desert Eagle.

Seriously though, I don't know. You seem to like Glocks a lot, so why not find another reason to collect more?

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What's your objective? Are you collecting as an investment, for the fun of it or because you want to are loyal to a brand and want one of each they offer? All are good reasons, but the direction you go should go will depend on what you want to accomplish. If you are just looking for a big smile every time you pull the trigger, rvb makes a good point regarding reloading. Reloading will not save you money, but it sure does expand the number of times you can pull the trigger for every dollar spent. If you are not into shooting that much, but just like having one of each offered in your chosen caliber, then maybe you should start looking for other generations of Glocks. If you are looking for an investment, then don't buy Glocks. They are simple tools that do their job effectively, but don't expect much growth in their value over time. They are great guns for carry, but suck as an investment.

Everybody's different. Some people are happiest with a small number of guns that they know like the back of their hand. Others need a bit of variety in life and get bored with something once they've mastered it. In the end, go with whatever will make you happier. If that's a bunch more Glocks, then go for it. You mention that you have one 1911. Is it safe to assume it did not grab you and suck you into the 1911 obsession. So, maybe you should check out a decent reloading package. For the price of one or two Glocks, you can have a very nice setup assuming you have a place to reload. You'll still spend the same amount shooting when reloading (if not a bit more) than you do buying commercially, but you'll shoot a whole lot more. I think my costs for 9mm are running under $7 per box of 50 right now.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Wait!?!...there are such things as guns I don't need???

sincere advice:
    if you want to start in competition, do that before you go dropping $ on guns just because you have $ burning a hole in your pocket. You're desire to buy 6 more glocks just because you can get them in a different caliber from the 6 otherwise-similar glocks you already own might vanish when you're introduced to the world of ultra-cool limited and open guns. And if you enjoy competition and want to do it on a regular basis, you'll want that 550 or 650 so you can afford the ammo to keep your blasters fed...

If it turns out competitions not your thing, then go adding to your collection....

-rvb

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I finally rounded out my Glock 9mm collection this week when I picked up a G34. Assuming I won't ever be able to own a Glock 18, I've now got all the 9mm models.

I am now trying to figure out what direction to go for my next handgun collection.

#1. Only interested in 9mm or .45ACP guns.
    #2. Not into revolvers
    #3. Already own a 1911

So...I am considering going with Glocks again in .45ACP. But also considering S&W M&P (9mm or .45), XD (9mm or .45) or even Beretta M9s or Kahrs.

What say you, INGO?

Pick up a CZ 97B in .45. Awesome gun but you need big hands though I trade mine for a motorcycle. You could also start collecting Sig Sauers in 9mm.

CZ_97B_Glamour_01.jpg

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    You said you already one a 1911................Only one? There is the answer to your question.

Yeah....I don't hate 1911's, but I am not really interested in collecting them.

At this point, I am kind of leaning toward Sig Sauer. I used to have a P290RS that I really liked. However, I might end up going with S&W M&P's since I already have a shield.

RandallX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    hamilton county
    i was a huge fan of my g19. went to buy a 17 but had the chance to pick up a M&P pro with apex parts already for a good deal. after firing for the first time i wish i would have given the M&P's a chance sooner. thing shoots like a dream.

Top Bottom