• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just got another email from the lady today. While we were there, they were all spoken for but they just had a guy back out. There's one left! It would be one of these 2.

Fluffy.jpg

KC.jpg

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    $400. I thought that was a pretty good deal compared to some of the breeders wanting well over $1000. These already have the dew claws removed and will have the first round of shots.

Is this something that needs to be removed? My dog has them and I never thought twice about it, but now you have me wondering.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Is this something that needs to be removed? My dog has them and I never thought twice about it, but now you have me wondering.
    They usually get removed just as a precaution. They grow long and hooked, and can get caught in fences and crates and such, causing injury and big vet bills later. Some of my dogs have them, some don't.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My other 2 dogs never had them removed and those are the ones that hurt the worst when they jump up on us. I think it's a pretty major ordeal. The lady said she had to take them in at 1 day old to have them done. They made her leave the office while it was being done. I guess for hunting dogs it's pretty important to have it done.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    So should I get them removed or just keep them trimmed?

Since the day I got my pup, I've routinely checked his teeth and mess with his paws(so caring for his hygiene isn't a pain in the butt when he's big)...When I get his nail clippers out, he just rolls onto his back and lets me clip his nails with zero resistance.

I'm saying/asking this because it would be cheaper to just trim them when necessary.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    So should I get them removed or just keep them trimmed?

Since the day I got my pup, I've routinely checked his teeth and mess with his paws(so caring for his hygiene isn't a pain in the butt when he's big)...When I get his nail clippers out, he just rolls onto his back and lets me clip his nails with zero resistance.

I'm saying/asking this because it would be cheaper to just trim them when necessary.
    Definitely. If you can trim them, and will keep up with it, it's not a big deal. If you're the kind of person who can't keep after their dogs' feet, it can cause problems when they're older.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Definitely. If you can trim them, and will keep up with it, it's not a big deal. If you're the kind of person who can't keep after their dogs' feet, it can cause problems when they're older.

Thanks.:yesway:

I only have one dog and trimming his nails takes all of 5 minutes every few months, so I think I'll be able to handle that.:D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My pug has some claws that are easily 1/2-3/4" long. If I try clipping off more than an 1/8", they bleed. Good thing she's not a jumper.

Top Bottom