• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kbouma

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Howe, IN
    I am looking at purchasing a new pistol and have narrowed it down to (based on price and reviews) the Beretta PX4 Storm in .45 or the Walther P99 in .40 S&W. All the reviews that I have seen so far have been positive for both. I already own a SA XD .45.

Does anyone have experience with either one?

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, the Walther is, in my humble opinion, thinner than the Beretta. Personally I would go with the Beretta because I just can't warm up to the .40(10x22) myself. I had a Smith and Wesson in .40 for about one year, but then traded it off. The forty is snorty for sure. I still prefer to shoot the .45 ACP over the .40. To me the .45 has more of a push than a snap to the recoil. Don't get me wrong, the .40 is a good round, but as I get older I find myself disliking recoil more and more. Probably why I shoot more 9mm or .380 than anything else. JMHO. Besides, stocking one caliber of handgun ammo is easier on the pocket book.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I am looking at purchasing a new .45 and have narrowed it down to (based on price and reviews) the Beretta PX4 Storm in .45 or the Walther P99 in .40 S&W. All the reviews that I have seen so far have been positive for both. I already own a SA XD .45.

Since the 'Walther P99 in .40 S&W' is not a .45, I'm not sure what to say.
    Is this a trick question? :p

Couldn't resist

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    i dont think you will wrong on either but i think the mags for the walther are more expensive. look at that also.i want to get the walther p99 in 40 s&w one day

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I don't have shooting experience with either gun, but I've held them both, and fired Walthers frequently.

Personally I don't care for the Beretta because of the bulk. It just seems large, clunky and a little unbalanced in my hand. If you have bigger hands this may not be a problem for you.

But I would still choose it over the Walther because I can't stand the trigger guard magazine release lever. It really forces me to let go of the gun and change my grip in order to drop the magazine. Now my brother doesn't have this problem.

So I guess it's ultimately up to personal preference.

dpetreikis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I had a few years experience carrying a Walther P99 as a duty gun, and mine never failed me. I do really like Berettas, but never really warmed up to the PX4 series, so I'd have to vote for the Walther.

Top Bottom